Collecting T5 hybrid on Thu 16/09 - what should I check, and also ask the dealer?

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
AndyDStone

Post by AndyDStone »

Hi

Today I received confirmation that our new car order will be ready for collection this Thu (16/09).

Now obviously I will be excited on the day, so just thought I would gauge opinion on this forum on what I should be checking/asking the dealer when I collect the car.

My thoughts at the moment are:
- Check the boot SIM (and 1 year Internet subscription SIM with Vodafone) is installed & working.
- Ask how to turn alarm off, but keep doors locked (i.e. person / dog is inside car)?
- Can brake regen be increased for one pedal driving?
- How to set user profiles (seat, mirrors, driving style etc)?
- How to save user profile on key fob?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Regards
Andy
Kind regards
Andy

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Sounds like you pretty much covered it.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

I'd say so too Andy. Nothing to done about the regen braking though. Can't be increased beyond what B gives you.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

The dealer should go through with you all you have said, do check that all the options you have ordered, if any, have been fitted. Also (prior to your collection) insist on the day that the car is undercover, clean and dry, ready for a thorough inspection - then spend time to check the paint for quality and damage, check for scuffs and that all the panel gaps are equal, open the bonnet, doors and boot to ensure correct function and that those shut-lines are equal too.

Not many do this, however having once collected a new car in the rain and next day cleaned and inspected it at home, finding paint starvation on the wing, a small dent on a rear door and a missing jack - and then spending several months rejecting the car - I have always told the dealers to make sure the car is in a dry place and ready for a "white glove" inspection prior to any acceptance - trust me - when they know this, you can be assured your PDI is properly done!!
step2534

Post by step2534 »

Oldie, That is very good advice. To be fair I wouldnt have thought of it but will in future.
Anything to brace them up. Ive come to the conclusion that if you are easy going some dealerships do take the mickey.
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Check the tyre pressures once you have the car. They will probably be wrong!
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
AndyDStone

Post by AndyDStone »

@oldie - great advice, thank you.

To everyone else who has contributed, thank you!👍🏻
Kind regards
Andy