Proud New Owner

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
scol

Post by scol »

Hi All,

Just a quick introduction. Just traded in my 4 year old Tiguan R-Line for a very lightly used March 2021 B4 AWD R-Design Pro with Special Paint (last of the Bursting Blue), Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Lounge Pack and Drivers Assist.

First impressions are really good, very smooth, comfortable and responsive. Handling is a little less precise than the Tiguan with more body roll but this offset by the improved comfort. Going to miss the Matrix LED lights from the Tiguan, the sliding rear seats and 3 zone climate control but looking forward to taking advantage of the additional features that the XC40 offers such as the Harman Kardon, Heated Screen, heated steering wheel, remote start, blind spot monitoring and wireless phone charging.

Only disappointments so far are the lack of paddle shifters and the half hearted mood lighting.

The dealer was trying to sell me the Ceramic coating which I declined only to find out that they had treated the car when first registered which was a pleasant surprise. It also came fitted with mudflats and the rear luggage mat which is good.

Look forward too benefitting form all of the collective wisdom and experience here.

Steve

IMG_9072.jpeg

IMG_9069.jpeg

IMG_9060.jpeg

March 2021 B4 AWD R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with all the toys.

Bocca70

Post by Bocca70 »

Looks fantastic. Can’t believe they stopped doing this colour. So the mood lighting isn’t good?
R-Design T3 manual MY22 Onyx black
Climate and park assist packs
Spare wheel and Smartphone integration
Volvo sunglasses holder x2
Spare wheel cover
Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 hardwired

Delivered 12th March 2022
scol

Post by scol »

Thank you, I cannot believe it either, thought it was a signature colour.

I guess it depends what you are used to re the mood lighting, it is certainly ok but definitely not what you might call impressive.

Steve
step2534

Post by step2534 »

That motor looks really, really nice, Im wishing I had ordered that colour now. But I suppose that's always the case. Enjoy.
By the way pick mine up tomorrow morning, after Volvo uk got in touch with dealer. I will put some photos on
scol

Post by scol »

Hi Step2534, I almost ordered an XC90 in Bursting Blue back in 2016 but instead ended up buying a Q7, the colour looked great on the XC90 and I think suits the XC40 just as well, such a shame that they have discontinued it but I guess it was not a big seller.

Good luck with the collection tomorrow, I am sure that you are going to be really happy with the car, look forward to seeing the photos.