New T5 Recharge due at the end of the month

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

We've had a T5 Recharge Inscription Pro on order since 12th May and it's now being built!

I've been learning everything I can about it both here and obsessively devouring the Volvo on-line manual. I think I've become a theoretical expert on the car but with no practical knowledge, beyond a 2 hour test drive, it feels like learning to swim from a book without getting wet. So we're very much looking forward to the end of the month.

I have a long lifetime of knowledge of cars and all things mechanical, electrical and electronic, so hopefully I can usefully contribute here.

AndyDStone

Post by AndyDStone »

@greggspies - excellent!
I must admit I’m in a similar position. Except I’m a little behind you in the queue (ordered on 1st June), so I’m expecting delivery in Sept.
Kind regards
Andy
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Handy hint:

Download the Volvo manual app onto your phone that way when you do get your car and need to know how to do something when not at home, you have the answer in the palm of your hand :)
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Already done that, m@rk. I think I've read every word of it already. Sad, I know...
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Hopefully your new cars will be delivered soon given the ongoing chip crisis:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ales-slump

https://www.newsy-today.com/skoda-auto- ... -of-parts/
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

The XC40 seems less affected at the moment. Blind spot monitoring has been deleted because of chip shortage, and factory orders are now being delayed beyond the normal 10 weeks or so as production in Ghent is at capacity. I think I ordered just in time.
AndyDStone

Post by AndyDStone »

We ordered an XC40 Recharge T5 on 01/06. Just received a delivery date of 30/11, so 6 months! Not happy, but what can you do? Dealer stated that the chip shortage was the cause of the delay…😡
Kind regards
Andy
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

I don't think its the chip shortage Andy. I'm told it's because the factory can't meet the demand for new cars. A week after my order was placed, my dealer said the order book was then suspended, so there would be no more build slots for up to 8 weeks - could have been extended since then. I'm guessing there will be the usual 2 week summer shutdown too.
AndyDStone

Post by AndyDStone »

@Greggspies - just disappointed really, as we’re stuck with a diesel Golf until then!

I’m sure I’ll be able to read everyone’s updates and their new car deliveries, but I’ll try and not be too jealous (honest)! I bet you can’t wait for yours…
Kind regards
Andy
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

Andy, it's got to be worth the wait... Just to rub salt into your wounds, my car is in the UK and due at the dealers Thursday. So 8 weeks and a day from ordering, although we won't be picking it up until the end of the month, when the lease on our current X1 expires.