Downloading Apps

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Fermat

Post by Fermat »

Hi I have just purchased my first Volvo, Xc40 inspiration pro, having been an Audi driver for last few cars. I am struggling with the info system and trying to download Apps. I have the Volvo app with the manual. Any tips

Hans Antoes

Post by Hans Antoes »

Do you have a data connection, either via a phone or an inbuilt (situated in the boot) SIM?

To be brutally frank the only App worth having is Spotify, and for that you need a premium, paid for, membership.

I can't say I've found any of the others useful. Had my car for 2 yrs and no additional Apps made available in that time.

For music I tend to use the DAB radio, sometimes the USB drive, rarely Spotify.
joeldram

Post by joeldram »

New to XC40 too. Downloaded a bunch of apps in my first week. Deleted them a week later. Only one worth using was Spotify, and that was not as good as connecting my phone via bluetooth and just using the Spotify on my phone, as you can listen to downloaded music from your phone but the app on the car only streams.
2021 (70 plate) R-design in Oynx Black T3 Auto.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Lots of potential, like a 5 min weather radar, but I've not bothered with the existing offerings.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Hans Antoes

Post by Hans Antoes »

Don't let us put you off though 🙂.
You do need a data connection of some kind though - to download initially, then use them.
Fermat

Post by Fermat »

Thanks guys, I will continue playing with systems.