Newbie Hi.

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
cosmic_dave

Post by cosmic_dave »

Hi folks!

Waiting on arrival of a white inscription pro. Looking to be delivered mid year.
Anyone here got an inscription pro in white so i can see what i am looking to receive?
I found the ordering of the volvo quite frustrating as their brochures hardly have any pictures unless you are ordering the R design and fully specced momentum!

Kind regards

David

jd40

Post by jd40 »

Welcome along. That's a long wait but you won't be disappointed when it arrives.
XC40 T5 First Edition, 20inch wheels, fusion red, charcoal
cosmic_dave

Post by cosmic_dave »

Many thanks. Yes, we had the last allocated spot from our local dealer. We had a few cars in the mix we wanted to try out first. Hence the long build wait now.
Just wanting to see one in the flesh now. All i have seen is the r design and first edition!!
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

I too have ordered an Inscription (due end May). Like you I haven't seen one in the flesh and at the time of ordering couldn't find many pictures in brochures etc. I notice now that it is possible to get a good visualisation by using the 'Build Your Own XC40' on the Volvo car's website - that didn't support the Inscription spec when I ordered mine.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
cosmic_dave

Post by cosmic_dave »

That’s a good idea. I’ll take a look thanks for the advice.
First time i have a bought a volvo not impressed with their brochures at the moment. Apart from that. I enjoyed the drive and ride of the XC40. What colour have you ordered?

I keep checking youtube every now and again as more xc40 videos are appearing.
cosmic_dave

Post by cosmic_dave »

Inscription pro in denim blue here.

https://youtu.be/k8by5hL4DJI
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Interesting youtube clip! I doubt if mine will remain that shiny for long!
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Hi Cosmic_dave. Mine is in Pine Grey - probably the most sombre coloured car I've ever had, but I thought that it suited. I really wanted another metallic red like my current V60 but you can't get red in the Inscription spec, don't know why manufacturers make these silly restrictions!
cosmic_dave

Post by cosmic_dave »

balmoral wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:34 pm Hi Cosmic_dave. Mine is in Pine Grey - probably the most sombre coloured car I've ever had, but I thought that it suited. I really wanted another metallic red like my current V60 but you can't get red in the Inscription spec, don't know why manufacturers make these silly restrictions!
I too wanted fusion red. However, when i placed my order i was told the same. So i went with white.
This is where i had had enough with the Volvo brochure specifications or lack of.
Bad launch of a new car. Hopefully, aftercare will be different!
brumb

Post by brumb »

Hi all, new to the forums as well. I have ordered an Inscription Pro in bright silver and also made use of the build your Volvo facility on the website to secure a visualisation. Am beginning to regret not ordering a version with the contrasting roof, but hey ho.

Delivery date allegedly early July but having read some of the tales of woe on here not holding my breath!
XC40 Inscription Pro 4WD Auto - Bright Silver/Blonde/19”/Ordered Early March/Arrived 7 August