Rear light cluster fixing points

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Trev.K

Post by Trev.K »

Hi to you all, I have the R-Design d4. I thought it had a reversing camera but I got that wrong. I bought it from a dealer in Scotland, and had it Delivered to me in N/East London. And it was only after I'd taken delivery that I realised it didn't have reverse camera.
After a bit of research I found a nice enough kit that I can fit myself, trouble is the reverse light is inaccessible, so I decided to remove the cluster but have been thwarted.
If anyone has the knowhow to either locate the reverse light live feed in the boot or how the cluster is fixed in place it would help me enormously, please feel free to enlighten me about this matter,
Regards
Trev.K

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Page 618 in the manual

Capture.JPG

B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
agilefrog

Post by agilefrog »

Hi Trev.K - sounds like a fun project!

I think that when I fitted my tracker that the wires you need are under the right (or left) hand boot cover. Its a bit of a pig to get this off, but if you do it methodically its very manageable - just seems a lot to remove! If you follow the instructions here:

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us ... /XC40/2022

Steps 11-20 are the ones you need. There are also details further down about how to thread the camera wires thru the tailgate, if you need that for your kit.

I'd be interested to see the final write up when you have finished, as this one could be on my project list too!

All the best.
XC40 T3 Momentum Auto + Winterpack
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

agilefrog wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:13 am
I think that when I fitted my tracker
Did you not know the XC40 has a built in tracker from the factory. The Volvo On Call team can track the car if it is stolen and because it's built right into the car, there is no way for the thief to remove it like an after market unit.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

agilefrog

Post by agilefrog »

Hi M@rk - Yes I was aware of that, but have read a few items on another volvo forum where people have had volvos stolen and the factory tracker was disabled by the thief easily removing the fuse. A belt & braces approach made me feel happier!
XC40 T3 Momentum Auto + Winterpack