Hi everyone - build slot booked but...

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
StackH

Post by StackH »

Hi everyone - looking forward to contributing here.

After being impressed by the XC-40 on a test drive, we've put a deposit down on an Inscription with driver awareness and versatility.

We have a few days to confirm the exact spec (my wife is still torn between the standard black and glacier silver) but I have a nagging doubt that we are going to miss the heated seats that are in our current car. However, at a £725 option I want to make sure the climate pack is worth the money.

One of the things that might swing it would be the possibility to switch on the seats and windscreen remotely. I believe this may be possible with the On Call app (not sure if that's the right name) ? We live in the UK, and I know some functions may not be enabled due to our laws - for example I have a Merc A-Class but the remote start is unavailable in the UK.

Can anyone with the climate pack confirm that please?

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Are you getting an auto or manual model as that affects what you can do with the on call app. You can't have a manual car starting remotely.. That could be a disaster!
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
StackH

Post by StackH »

Sorry, should have clarified, yes - T3 auto.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Well in my T4 Rdesign I can indeed start the car through the app and as a result the heated seats, steering wheel and front windscreen heater will switch on if the ambient temperature is such that it believes it is required. Well worth the money if you don't keep your car in the garage. I'm in UK.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
StackH

Post by StackH »

blastpipe wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:28 am Well in my T4 Rdesign I can indeed start the car through the app and as a result the heated seats, steering wheel and front windscreen heater will switch on if the ambient temperature is such that it believes it is required. Well worth the money if you don't keep your car in the garage. I'm in UK.
That sounds perfect - thanks for confirming.
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

UK driver here. Would not be without the heated seats.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Haha, if I was offered a choice between a base spec XC40 but with heated seats, heated steering wheel and heated front windscreen vs a top spec Inscription Pro but without those things, I would go for the former without hesitation.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel