Hi All

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
gasmark7

Post by gasmark7 »

Thanks for letting me join. Looking forward to picking you brains. I've just placed an order for a T5 Recharge Inspiration Pro in Fusion Red and now turning to the question on charging it. What do you all use? Is the 3-pin plug cable up to the job or would I be better getting a dedicated Home Charger. Will mostly be used for short journeys. Thanks

masteretch

Post by masteretch »

I just use the 3 pin cable and charge it overnight using an outside plug socket works fine
gasmark7

Post by gasmark7 »

I think I've been reading the internet too much as it doesn't recommend plugging into the mains. Only problem is that to fit a Home Charger would cost approx. £1000 including the grants available. Don't think I can justify the cost.
step2534

Post by step2534 »

Ive just ordered a T5 Inscription Pro, yesterday in fact. Its coming with a free charging station and a free type 2 charging cable as well as the 240v plug in cable.

I was told Volvo will fit the charging station and sort that out, It wont be ready till end of June/July as its a 2022 build, apparently that's why the type 2 cable is free.
gasmark7

Post by gasmark7 »

Thanks step2534. Unfortunately (sorry fortunately ) i'm getting the car through Motability and Volvo won't supply the Charging Station for Motability customers.