New XC40, Glacier Silver T5 Recharge

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Just picked her up. ex demo car, 4500km on the clock. 3 keys, 2 normal keys of which one is in orange and then 1 that looks like a USB flash drive.
Profiles set up, still need to sort Spotify and TuneIn. Was thinking to create a separate account to add to the Premium family account for use in the car, so my own Spotify account doesn't get hijacked when the daughter uses Spotify in the car. Although she could go through CarPlay.

Looking forward to some pleasant driving and if there any tips and tricks, feel free to share.

cheers
Last edited by SteveW on Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m@rk

Post by m@rk »

The Orange key is the Restricted Care Key. You can give this to your daughter so she is unable to mess about with the settings of the car plus it will restrict the top speed of the car and the top volume of the audio :)

The other USB looking thing is a sports key which you can use instead of your normal black key. It's water proof so the idea is you can go surfing or sailing and not worry about getting your key wet

PS

We need pictures
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Thanks, Have set the daughter up with the Orange key and made sure the max speed allowed is the maximum speed limit.
I had the Utility bracelet for the RRS but never used it, so let's see if the flash drive key gets used.

Trying to set up Spotify, in our other car (BMW 530e) Spotify was a case of scanning a QR code and it set up, using the car's data connection. Then there is also the option of using Spotify from a bluetooth phone or then from CarPlay (no Android Auto yet on the beemer).

I have the Volvo app set up so clearly the car has a data connection, but when trying to set up Spotify or TuneIn it keeps coming up with - no internet connection. Do i need to have a separate data connection for these or can they also run off the same data point that the car is using for Volvo on Call and the app?

cheers

Back.jpg

Front.jpg

Last edited by SteveW on Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Natasha372

Post by Natasha372 »

While VOC can work without a user supplied SIM (PSIM Personal SIM) using apps and obtaining data, such as real time traffic data requires a PSIM. The PSIM can be installed in the holder in the boot.

Volvo usually supply a free 100Gb/1 year SIM but you can buy your own for a relatively low cost.

BTW I'd make sure I engaged off road mode if negotiating roads as steep as the one in pic 2, and don't forget the handbrake.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Ok, thanks. I found the sim holder in the boot yesterday. I have a spare data SIM so will put that in there. What sized card does it take?

My daughter tells me photo's are all about an angle. So the road is actually flat. :)
Last edited by SteveW on Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Is it my eyesight or does that car not look blue in those pictures?

maybe it's a gold dress, blue dress thing :)
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Yes, Apparently when buying it was described as 'the grey car over there'. Then we were told it was Glacier White. When the sun shines it's more pearlescent white and in darker weather it becomes greyer.
Blue might be the Helsinki spring morning light
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Love that colour. Next colour for me I think
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Nice colour, I have the same colour in RD-pro trim in the UK.

Couple of observation, the 100G data Vodafone SIM is for new cars in UK. Not sure the same promotion is also in Europe? Your car looks like have a few option upgrade. It looks like a momentum or inscription trim with the RD wheels. I like that especially there is no T5 momentum trim ever offered in UK :(

Enjoy ......
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

SteveW wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:18 am Yes, Apparently when buying it was described as 'the grey car over there'. Then we were told it was Glacier White. When the sun shines it's more pearlescent white and in darker weather it becomes greyer.
Blue might be the Helsinki spring morning light

It’s actually called Glacier Silver not Glacier White. As noted, it can look White or Grey, it can sparkle in the sun like a pearlescent finish and can show hints of blue. Can’t really see a Silver in there though. Great choice! 👍😍
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o