Hello

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
ForgotRafe

Post by ForgotRafe »

Have had my XC40 for just shy of two weeks and 800 miles.

I'd post a pic but I'm sure you've all seen lots of XC40s in Bursting Blue ;)

Besides which, within the first 4 hours mine had been rained on, snowed on and sandblasted by a passing gritter :( and it's not yet been washed.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to get it cleaned soon so I can actually appreciate the colour.

Am absolutely loving the car and don't think I'd change a thing... except maybe add the roof mounted sunglasses holder from the previous car and the head-up display from a Jag that I borrowed recently ;) Towball gets fitted next week and should pick up an official boot liner at the same time.
XC40 FE D4 | Bursting Blue |19" wheels | Charcoal interior | Ordered November, delivered mid-March

AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Can never have too many pics. 8-)
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

AlexK wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:50 pm Can never have too many pics. 8-)
Especially for those that perhaps are no so diligent about washing their vehicle and would like to see what it looks like in the real world. :D
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

The HUD is an interesting point to raise. Not an option on the current XC40, and even it were it looks like you'd have to decide between it and the heated windscreen option.
ForgotRafe

Post by ForgotRafe »

Will get some pics. Understand from this forum that there are some spec variants. I ordered last November! Seems I ended up with headlamp washers and 19” alloys. Given the amount of rural driving I do, I’m very very pleased not to have got 20”.
XC40 FE D4 | Bursting Blue |19" wheels | Charcoal interior | Ordered November, delivered mid-March
ForgotRafe

Post by ForgotRafe »

Here's a pic... The car is filthy, but it doesn't really show up. My previous car (a GLA) was dark grey and it showed the dirt.

Img_5918 (Medium).jpg

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Can't see the dirt at all (except in the tyres) - nice!! Enjoy.
ForgotRafe

Post by ForgotRafe »

Still going to wash it over the weekend! Or maybe get it washed ;) depends where I am.
ForgotRafe

Post by ForgotRafe »

Boomer wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:25 am Enjoy.
Thanks, Already am ;)

Hope you get yours soon.
Famandy

Post by Famandy »

Looks FAB and great to see a UK car with 19" wheels as that is what I have ordered, albeit in crystal white, on the grounds that I actually like the less complicated wheel pattern, as well as the cheaper tyres in due course!
Crystal White/Charcoal T5 MY19 FE 19" alloys (my choice!) with confirmed headlamp washers - delivery in June - ordered mid-February via broker