Hello

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
ForgotRafe

Post by ForgotRafe »

I was literally (the next day) about to place an order for an Infinity QX30 when I saw a press release saying the XC40 was coming out.

The next day I passed a Volvo dealership and he said "sorry, but I really don't know anything about them and have nothing to give you; Except that I think you'll be able to order in March for August delivery, unless you want a First Edition and that should be on the website soon".

So checked out the relatively small amount of FE blurb on the Volvo website and ordered one (from a different dealership) without that much knowledge of what I was going to get spec wise! One of the chaps at work has a new Volvo estate, so I had a good idea of what the interior/touchscreens would be.

But as I mentioned, I'm very very pleased with the car and especially pleased that I didn't end up with 20" wheels.
XC40 FE D4 | Bursting Blue |19" wheels | Charcoal interior | Ordered November, delivered mid-March

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

ForgotRafe wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:37 am
Boomer wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:25 am Enjoy.
Thanks, Already am ;)

Hope you get yours soon.
Thanks - perhaps this (extended) weekend if dealership have teams in to PDI/prep?
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
senwar

Post by senwar »

ForgotRafe wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:50 am But as I mentioned, I'm very very pleased with the car and especially pleased that I didn't end up with 20" wheels.
How would you have ended up with 20s? Surely you had to specify the 20s in the first place albeit via a no cost option?
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
ForgotRafe

Post by ForgotRafe »

senwar wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:13 am How would you have ended up with 20s? Surely you had to specify the 20s in the first place albeit via a no cost option?
Just going on what I've read on here - seems that some people weren't sure what they were getting.

I've just gone back and checked and all the dealer gave me as options were D4/T5, the exterior colour and the interior colour! This was back in October, final order placed on 2nd November. There really wasn't that much info - even the dealers said the website had more info than he did!
XC40 FE D4 | Bursting Blue |19" wheels | Charcoal interior | Ordered November, delivered mid-March