newbie from Finland

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Hi,
potential new owner from Finland. just chopped in an RRS P400e for a BMW 530e as the wife's car and then eyeing up an XC40 for my run around and the daughters car, as she passed her test yesterday. Have looked at a used X5 as we miss the SUV driving. a Seat Tarraco, which was good for tech but otherwise quite poor and then test drove an XC40. got a really good deal on a demo car.
T5 TwE Business Inscription, 2021 model, 5000km driven in Glacier White, fully loaded with the addition of Technic and Light package, a 2nd set of wheels and tinted windows.

Have never had a Volvo before, have had a Subaru Impreza WRX, Mazda 3, 2 Alfas, BMW E350 coupe, 3 Range Rover Sports and the BMW530e.

Looking forward to learning and enjoying the car.

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Welcome from another newbie. Have you collected your car yet? There's lots of reading in here about the individual quirks of the Volvo.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
morganj

Post by morganj »

SteveW wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:07 am Hi,
potential new owner from Finland. just chopped in an RRS P400e for a BMW 530e as the wife's car and then eyeing up an XC40 for my run around and the daughters car, as she passed her test yesterday. Have looked at a used X5 as we miss the SUV driving. a Seat Tarraco, which was good for tech but otherwise quite poor and then test drove an XC40. got a really good deal on a demo car.
T5 TwE Business Inscription, 2021 model, 5000km driven in Glacier White, fully loaded with the addition of Technic and Light package, a 2nd set of wheels and tinted windows.

Have never had a Volvo before, have had a Subaru Impreza WRX, Mazda 3, 2 Alfas, BMW E350 coupe, 3 Range Rover Sports and the BMW530e.

Looking forward to learning and enjoying the car.
I have a T5 Recharge MY21 Business with everything except panoramic roof.

Very happy with the car. For FWD only I didn’t have any problems this winter (Espoo)

I think you would be quite happy with the XC40.

I do my daily school run + trips to office + shop on one charge so I’m happy with that. And on longer runs (Nort of Tampere or to Imatra) I’m getting around 7-8l/100km
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Excellent.
Had a brief moment of dismay when I saw from the website that the car was reserved. Oh well, onto the next one. Messaged the salesman at 2100 and he replied 5 minutes later to say he had personally reserved the car, just to be sure so that no one else could sell it.
Happy days.
Once charge is nice. Will have regular trips to Turku but looking forward to picking it up.