Good Morning

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

Hi All,

(Almost) New Owner here. Bought a new R-Design B4 in Thunder Grey to replace our 17 Kuga. Delivery expected early next week. I worked for Lex Brooklands back in the day and am looking forward to driving a modern Volvo, having been supplied with 760GLE's every 6000 miles in the 80's and experienced 340's, 360's, 240's 260's and 740's! Last Volvo was a G reg 740 GL...

We also tow a large caravan, and am hoping that the move from diesel to petrol won't be too much of a shock!

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Hi, like you I tow a caravan and selected the B4 engine, I went AWD did you? I'm also like you switching from Diesel (Tiguan) to petrol and hoping the mild hybrid will soften the consumption hit.

I've been told mine's at the dealers, but not been given a collection date. Which of us will get it first?, you'll probably win as you know already when. Wonder if they'll throw in the plate for the caravan as the VW dealer did?
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Deleted User 3359

Post by Deleted User 3359 »

My delivery date is "early next week", I intend to take my van for a tow around the block before we go off somewhere, and check out the towing. Compared with the Kuga the towing limit is bigger (2100kg vs1900kg). The dealer said they include a second plate whenever they fit a towbar
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

That's good to know, I'll ask my dealership when they contact me. Also planning a test tow prior after collection. Best of luck!
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Got the call this afternoon, collecting next Wednesday, and they are putting in an extra number plate.
Vulgar Duty

Post by Vulgar Duty »

Good morning? It's evening here 🙂