Boot liner

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

AndyG wrote: ↑Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:58 pm Hello everyone. I picked it up on Saturday. Really pleased with it, still need to sort the bootliner out though. Lots of things to figure out too! I am currently trying to work out if I can get the car to stay in eco mode as default, but can't seem to sort it!
That because you can’t. It always starts in comfort mode and you have to switch by presses of the button......yep I know what your thinking πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras

AndyG

Post by AndyG »

No way! Thanks for letting me know. That's a shame, but no huge deal I suppose.
Phil Ately

Post by Phil Ately »

One benefit of always starting in Comfort is that you don't end up in the awful Eco modeπŸ˜€.

I have tried Eco mode many times over the past two years but see no practical benefit in both the way the car drives or its petrol consumption.

The coasting function doesn't promote a good driving style, you lose impetuous and have to counteract by subsequent greater use of the accelerator pedal. The gear change changes are poorly enacted and again give no benefit in driving pleasure or consumption.

Best just leave in default Comfort and drive economically, if that's your way, and also have the "normal" driving experience.

Just my opinion, but based on two years driving the XC40, and it's right πŸ˜€.

If you must use Eco then while you can't set it as default the physical drive mode is the best option to quickly change to it. Pressing the button scrolls through the modes and activates
them without needing to use the central screen. A press will bring up the screen, another press will move the cursor to Dynamic, a further press the hated Eco. A release at that point will engage the mode.

No need to look down, three swift presses of the drive mode button and you're there.
AndyG

Post by AndyG »

Phil Ately wrote: ↑Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:37 pm One benefit of always starting in Comfort is that you don't end up in the awful Eco modeπŸ˜€.

I have tried Eco mode many times over the past two years but see no practical benefit in both the way the car drives or its petrol consumption.

The coasting function doesn't promote a good driving style, you lose impetuous and have to counteract by subsequent greater use of the accelerator pedal. The gear change changes are poorly enacted and again give no benefit in driving pleasure or consumption.

Best just leave in default Comfort and drive economically, if that's your way, and also have the "normal" driving experience.

Just my opinion, but based on two years driving the XC40, and it's right πŸ˜€.

If you must use Eco then while you can't set it as default the physical drive mode is the best option to quickly change to it. Pressing the button scrolls through the modes and activates
them without needing to use the central screen. A press will bring up the screen, another press will move the cursor to Dynamic, a further press the hated Eco. A release at that point will engage the mode.

No need to look down, three swift presses of the drive mode button and you're there.
Thanks very much. I'm guessing you don't like the eco mode 🀣. Appreciate you giving me some information and sharing your experience. This is my first Volvo, so it's good to get information from people who have been in one for longer time.
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Moss wrote: ↑Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:33 am We cut boot mats for our vehicles ourselves in this material
Good quality, easy to find, very easy to do, and less than 20 euros per meter.
Where do you buy it from?
Ultimate Tear

Post by Ultimate Tear »

I'd use Google or similar search site.

Search for rubber non-slip garage floor mat. Probably penny pattern or some such wording should get a few "hits".
Moss

Post by Moss »

mr.vladis wrote: ↑Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:51 pm
Moss wrote: ↑Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:33 am We cut boot mats for our vehicles ourselves in this material
Good quality, easy to find, very easy to do, and less than 20 euros per meter.
Where do you buy it from?
Any good DIY shop over here, but you can also easily find it on the internet. Googling "coin rubber floor matting", it took me seconds to find it on www.amazon.co.uk.