New in Volvo.

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
asb

Post by asb »

Good afternoon,
Thank you for accepting me on this forum.
I am from Portugal.
I'm thinking of buying an XC40 Hybrid (Recharge Pulg-in). I come from a MB Class A (new model). The idea is to start "dating" the car, see what equipment I really need, the prices of connected services (at MB everything is very expensive and they work poorly, MBUX is just marketing!). For now I will not comment much, just see the oldest posts and wait for your opinions.
Thank you!

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Welcome asb 🇵🇹👍
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I spent over a year reading detailed specifications etc before buying - I didn't want to be one of those people who are surprised their new car doesn't have x or y.

I have found connectivity a dream with the onboard SIM - updates, live traffic, wifi hotspot, remote start and climate etc all just works with no input from me. Volvo On Call is totally free for the first three years which is nice, although I think this is not the case in every country.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
spmartinXC40T5

Post by spmartinXC40T5 »

Tomorrow I am picking up my first Volvo, a Volvo XC40 T5 Inscription. Dark metallic blue with Amber leather interior. I looked at hundreds of possible vehicles, but kept coming back to this brand and model. Was lucky enough to find a color combo that clicked with me. I am a Realtor in Virginia, USA and this seems like it will be the perfect vehicle for work and play. I am psyched!
It will be nice to meet you all and share our stories.
asb

Post by asb »

spmartinXC40T5 wrote: ↑Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:46 am Tomorrow I am picking up my first Volvo, a Volvo XC40 T5 Inscription. Dark metallic blue with Amber leather interior. I looked at hundreds of possible vehicles, but kept coming back to this brand and model. Was lucky enough to find a color combo that clicked with me. I am a Realtor in Virginia, USA and this seems like it will be the perfect vehicle for work and play. I am psyched!
It will be nice to meet you all and share our stories.
Thanks for sharing. It may be that one day we will be on vacation :) After all I am in Portugal :)
michael123

Post by michael123 »

asb wrote: ↑Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:41 pm Good afternoon,
Thank you for accepting me on this forum.
I am from Portugal.
I'm thinking of buying an XC40 Hybrid (Recharge Pulg-in). I come from a MB Class A (new model). The idea is to start "dating" the car, see what equipment I really need, the prices of connected services (at MB everything is very expensive and they work poorly, MBUX is just marketing!). For now I will not comment much, just see the oldest posts and wait for your opinions.
Thank you!
I would wait for the electric Google-based system.
Volvo does not update their Sensus and dragging the bugs forever, they don't really care.
Or buy, Tesla instead :)