Newbie from West Mids

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Oldcol

Post by Oldcol »

Hi everyone,
I am looking at possibly buying a new T3 manual XC40 been lurking on here for a while reading some of the posts ,it's quite concerning about some of the quality issues that some people are having ,or is it these days every car now is so full of technology,and manufacturers are all cutting costs.
As I am coming up to retirement I have been looking at lots of cars that perhaps will last me for a good number of years,and I know forums always attract the problems people have, but are there any out there who haven't had any issues,it does seem to be a bit of a lottery to whether you get a good one or a lemon,
Many questions to follow before I prise my wallet open lol.
Col.

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

There's plenty of information on the site...you'll probably find the search function pretty good on here.

As you rightly said forums and the like are a magnet for people who have a problem of some sort with their car. All car marque forums are fairly similar in this regard. There are lots of visitors to the forum who make one or two posts then disappear in to thin air I would be wary of the reliability of many of such posts anyway

I'm sure an XC40 will be a boon to your retirement.

There are very very few people I've seen on here with serious problems with their cars.

Mine is now almost two years old and other than a minor fix to the rear number plate light which is a well documented assembly fault at the factory, it's been completely reliable.

I see no quality issues with the XC40. I see people complaining about a change in specification or superficial aspects like badges or where the exhaust pipe is visible or not...but unreliable...no not really.

Go and look at a few other car marque forums.,, then you'll see comparatively how good the XC40 is!
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

Hi

I took delivery of my t3 manual r design mid November and was slightly concerned after reading some of the forum posts that I had made a mistake.
Fortunately I have had no issues so far and absolutely love driving it both in town or on the motorway. Also don’t be put off by the missing badges or tail pipes etc obviously after that first I wasn’t told annoyance you don’t see these and they make absolutely no difference to how the car drives or handles.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

My T3 manual momentum pro has been pretty much faultless over the 18 months I have owned it. Like you it was a retirement present to myself. Haven't regretted it at all. Maybe consider an ex-demo or Volvo management car. Not only are they good value but any problems will have been well taken care of.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Oldcol

Post by Oldcol »

Thanks guys,
Thats quite reassuring , not concerned about the deletion of the script on the pillar or exhaust apertures , its what is underneath the skin thats important , certainly good to here some possitive feedback .
mal1953

Post by mal1953 »

Had my t3 auto inscription pro since september 3rd no problems whatsoever.