Where are the badges gone?

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Routers

Post by Routers »

Hi, first time driving a Volvo. We have taken out an XC40 on lease. It arrived on Monday - love it so far! It’s the 2021 model - but I’m gutted to find out it no longer has the redesign badge on the back & inscriped on the side! 😫 I thought they were great features!

We’ve been waiting for our lease company to get back to us re GAP insurance- they haven’t yet & we are very keen to get this in place. Can anybody recommend a a GAP insurance company to use? Thanks

Slide Ways

Post by Slide Ways »

I removed all rear badges apart for the word Volvo on my XC40, it looks a lot better to me.

I removed the RDesign and AWD square badges and the T4 and XC40 lettering.

As far as GAP insurance is concerned make sure you really need it, I didn't bother. Most, if not all, normal insurance cover for the full replacement value, at least in the first year.
shane005

Post by shane005 »

I used gapinsurance.co.uk - cost just over £100 which was a steal compared to the £550 proffered by the dealer. I dealt with Tim - most helpful and talked through all the GAP cover options.

Hope this helps
Spider62

Post by Spider62 »

For our last few cars we have used ALA.co.uk for the gap insurance they have been fantastic and are recommended by Which and Auto Express. A lot cheaper than anything the dealer can offer and there is a link on this forum. Try the discount code MSE25 this got me a 25% discount on the premium.
R-Design Pro T4 Auto FWD Bursting blue. Intellisafe Pro, Active 4-C Chassis, Rear Park Assist Camera, Front Park Assist, Tempa Spare Wheel, Smartphone Intergration.
Slide Ways

Post by Slide Ways »

Interesting article from the Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert website about GAP insurance:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insur ... insurance/

I appreciate people's circumstances differ. I bought my car outright for cash so didn't feel the need to buy GAP. If you loan to buy then obviously your circumstances are very different.
Routers

Post by Routers »

Thank you
agilefrog

Post by agilefrog »

Another vote for gapinsurance.co.uk great bunch of guys to deal with. When I traded in my XC60 and bought my XC40 I called them and was suprised to discover that they could refund £70 from my old policy, and then gave me a loyalty discount on the new policy. All told it came in at just over £80 for three years return to invoice. A no brainer at that price. Dealer quoted £399.
XC40 T3 Momentum Auto + Winterpack
decw22

Post by decw22 »

Hi
I had the same problem, missed the nice badging, some people don't like them. So what to do! I bought some from Ebay and Ali Express and stuck them on myself, sorted.

DEW_1755.jpg

DEW_1756.jpg

Also added wind deflectors to stop rain dripping on the inside of car.

Cheers
Routers

Post by Routers »

Thank you!