Newby from Wales

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Hi all, last week I put in an order for a B4 AWD Inscription in fusion red with the blonde interior, with climate, driving assist, dark rear windows and retracting towbar. (towbar dealer fit to come in as list under £40k)

I'm coming from a 2015 Tiguan 177ps DSG 4motion. With a host of extras that i didn't add but love. I've enjoyed the Tig, but feel it's time for a change after 6 years. I don't like the mk2 Tiguan, looks too much like a BMW, and too big. I'd have gone T-Roc but it hasn't the weight to tow my caravan. Tigs diesel, and has been brilliant towing the caravan (Bailey Unicorn Madrid), I'm hoping the B4 engine will be as good.

Been given a guide of mid march for delivery, hoping it will be then.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Hi

Surprised by what you say about the latest Tiguan. Having had a number of VWG cars I would have had one if I hadn't been forced to have AWD and a panoramic roof for the engine I wanted. I don't know how the dimensions compare but the XC40 is quite big.

Anyway I'm glad that VWG "forced" me to look elsewhere as we love the XC40 and I hope that you find the same when your car arrives.

I initially ordered in Fusion Red as I wanted a metallic red for a long time and think the colour looks great but on reflection decided it would clash too much with my other car which is a keeper. I love the blue as well though.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Double checked the brochures as you made me think maybe I was biased,

Tiguan mk1. The one I have now
L 4.426 m
W 1.809 m
H 1.665 m

Tiguan mk2
L 4.486 m
W 1.840 m
H 1.673 m

XC40
L 4.425 m
W 1.910 m. This includes folded mirrors, can't find a number for door to door only.
H 1.658 m
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Width is 1863, so actually the widest. Not much between them really.

I was coming from a Yeti and my wife from a Mini and though I liked the Tiguan my wife didn't want anything too big. Part of the visually large size is due to the height and shape of the bonnet. And then we ended up with an XC40 which is as big and has an equally high bonnet! My wife is fine with it though and the reduced rear visability compared with the Yeti is helped by having the rear camera.

Owned it about 18 months now and there is nothing else I really fancy.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Yeh! So I collected my XC40 yesterday and in the evening couldn't quite work out why I wasn't instantly in love with it. I realised in the quiet this morning that it's taken me out of my comfort zone. I love the looks and driving the car, but the way Volvo does things is quite different from the VW's I've been used to.
Had it been another VW it would have been instantly natural driving away.

It didn't help it was a horrible day, blowing a gale and hammering down with rain, and it started out stressful as I had to rush the last minute collection of my current car first thing in the morning before my collection. That all went through OK, and we weren't in the end rushed driving to collect the new car. Then driving home the mirrors were covered in rain and I couldn't work out how to turn on door mirror heating. (I've now found they come on with the HRW but again I got the buttons for front and rear mixed up).

Falling in love today though, it looks gorgeous, I love the stop start, you don't have to hold your foot on the brake once stopped, starting again is silent and instantaneous, I think due to the mild hybrid, the motor just moves you off and the engine takes over. None of the traditional starter motor kicking in.

Oh and I love the pilot assist, on the motorway it just follows the lane. So relaxing :-)

front.jpg

back.jpg

side.jpg

IMG_20210311_115703.jpg

Ultimate Tear

Post by Ultimate Tear »

Nice!

Doesn't look the traditional Volvo Fusion red though. At least on my phone.

The fusion red normally looks a rusty red, this looks more a red red 🙂
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

Private Sphere wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:03 pm Nice!

Doesn't look the traditional Volvo Fusion red though. At least on my phone.

The fusion red normally looks a rusty red, this looks more a red red 🙂
It's one of those colours that really changes with the light

I was so tempted to go with red myself but my wife's car is red so she said we can't have 2 red cars on the drive :(
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Definitely looks redder in the pictures, you're right about it looking more 'rusty' in the wild.
Ultimate Tear

Post by Ultimate Tear »

Felindre wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:03 pm Definitely looks redder in the pictures, you're right about it looking more 'rusty' in the wild.
For comparison this is a stock image of the Fusion Red XC40, showing the rustiness 🙂, perhaps it's a colour setting on your Huawei phone!

2201100.jpg

Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Nah, it's because Wales is so green :-)