Newbie and some info

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sambhoy1888

Post by Sambhoy1888 »

Hi folks thanks for having me....
Ordered end July delivered mid December picked up grimsby 330 miles back to scotland so got a good feel for the car
Driven vw tiguans last 8 years was impressed with fit and finish, engine so/so but mainly for wifes use as she is an essential worker.
Swapped over the carpet mats for oem volvo plastic also rubber boot mat for dog and new set cross climate 235/50/19 103w
Let you know how i get on with them
MY21 T3 onyx black inscription pro
ps... handover was shocking don’t know how others got on... theres the keys jog on mate.... it was a lease deal mibe if i had been a retail customer would have been different

MyIronLung

Post by MyIronLung »

Similar experience here.... car was delivered to my house yesterday but as it was driven down from Grimsby it was filthy. Same ‘here’s the keys, sign here.... bye’ experience.

Have also come from a Tiguan so a 200 mile drive today in the XC40 has given me a good comparison opportunity.

Interior finish good, engine (B4) pulls well but VW DSG box is better, as are the brakes. Hopefully they will bed in a bit, but at the moment I’m finding the brake feel very wooden and lacking in ‘bite’.

Still getting to grips with the infotainment system but initial thought are it’s comprehensive but maybe a bit fiddly.

Apple car play (and no way this should be a paid for option at this level by the way) is disappointing - only occupying a small part of the otherwise excellent screen. This makes it especially fiddly to use, especially on the move.

So far though I’m really pleased with it. Has more ‘character’ than the somewhat dull and functional Tiguan.

I read that all new Volvo’s come with a 100GB data SIM fitted. Is this true? Is it fitted at delivery or do I need to visit the dealer for it?

https://www.media.volvocars.com/uk/en-g ... -in-the-uk

Spence.
—————————————————————————-
21MY XC40 2.0 B4 FWD INSCRIPTION PRO FUSION RED
Sadsong

Post by Sadsong »

If the deal is still on offer then it's fitted/supplied by the dealer, but usually on request. They don't seem to promote it.

You can get a 3 Network "internet on legs" SIM for £36 from Amazon - 2yrs/24gb that's good value and a far less painless experience. The free one can be a pain to get working.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Yes you should have a sim installed. Do a search on here or get the dealer to set it up for you. If the sim has been installed it’s not a big deal to set up.

https://internetinthecar.vodafone.com/m ... esn6tzt4_9
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

See my thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2439 on setting up the free SIM, if that's available (they do say Model Year 2020 are entitled to it; unclear about MY 20221)

As an alternative, there is the '3' network plug-and-go SIM. If you prefer not to enrich Amazon, it's available from Argos for £44.99
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3342985 ... m:4:6068:2
MY2020 R-Design
MyIronLung

Post by MyIronLung »

Quick update - I followed DanishPastry’s thread and set up the supplied free SIM So thanks for the very clear instructions.

Next step is trying to get the Volvo OnCall working...😀
—————————————————————————-
21MY XC40 2.0 B4 FWD INSCRIPTION PRO FUSION RED