Greetings

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
DonkUK

Post by DonkUK »

I picked up my new MY21 XC40 B4 Auto Inscription pro this morning. Denim with Blonde and ordered mid July, so quite happy with the delivery time.

The test car I drove was an inscription on 18 inch wheels which on I thought the ride was a bit fidgety at times but perfectly acceptable. As you know the Inscription Pro comes on 19's and I am unsure why but the ride is even smoother. Maybe tyre pressures but will look into it. Very impressed so far with the whole package and having just got rid of a newish Mazda CX5 diesel with quite frankly pathetic demisting capabilties that can affect the derv MY19 cars and an uncomfortable drivers seat for me after a while, the Volvo is a better all round package for variuos reasons.

I will contribute where I can on the forum :)
Last edited by DonkUK on Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2021 MY XC40 B4 Inscription Pro Automatic, Denim Blue with Blond leather + HK.

goi

Post by goi »

Congrats! May you have always a safe and pleasant journey with this car.
since 2023: XC40 Pure Electric Twin Motor Ultimate MY24
since 2020: Mirai II Fuel Cell, MY21
2020-2023 XC40 Recharge Inscription (Pro) T5 (132+60 kW), MY21 late
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I considered the CX5 but I can’t remember why I decided not to test drive one. Recently I’ve been thinking if I should have done. However seat comfort is very important to me so sounds like I made a good decision.

My XC40 was delivered with tyres at 40psi which is used for storage and transportation from the factory - the actual spec being 33psi. I think dealerships often don’t bother to release air to get them down to road pressures.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
DonkUK

Post by DonkUK »

goi wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:51 pm Congrats! May you have always a safe and pleasant journey with this car.
Thank you :)
jamie307 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:02 pm However seat comfort is very important to me so sounds like I made a good decision.
The seats are rather narrow on the squab and quite firm as well. Now, I dont have a large butt but I ended up sitting on the bolsters rather than in them which caused pressure points leading to discomfort. Some passengers had also commented on the passenger seat as well, so I guess you either fit them or you dont. I did not pick up on it the 30 minute test drive but guess it was not long enough.
2021 MY XC40 B4 Inscription Pro Automatic, Denim Blue with Blond leather + HK.