Just joined

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
DrSaint

Post by DrSaint »

Hi, just joined the forum! I have ordered a new XC40 in Crystal White T3. This will supplement my now 3 yrs old V40 which was my first Volvo following years of Hondas of various models. Have been very pleased with most aspects of the V40 and the Volvo service. However, when ordering my new XC40 was told they couldn't give a realistic delivery date until I'd committed to the order! Thought this was a little unrealistic and wondered if others have heard this?
So, undeterred, I ordered on August 8th, swayed by a 'guesstimate' delivery date of late September. A couple of days later was surprised to be told it is going to be October 23rd before the car arrives.
Anyone else had similar experience ?
Anyway I'm enjoying reading the forum posts and the manual :D

Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

You're one of the quickest, 😳😳😳
I ordered on 14th Feb, 😭😭😭, picking it up tuesday πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
DrSaint

Post by DrSaint »

Better get back in my box, then πŸ˜‚
Our son who lives in Stockholm has an XC60 (grandchildren ) and last autumn his was delivered so early they increased their part exchange ! I live in hope !
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

DrSaint wrote: ↑Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:03 pm Our son who lives in Stockholm has an XC60 (grandchildren ) and last autumn his was delivered so early they increased their part exchange ! I live in hope !
I might ask, after all it was doing two months to the gallon from April to may ;)
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D