New 'Almost' member

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
DrAdrian

Post by DrAdrian »

Good afternoon

I have an XC40 on order; they say early October. The garage had several nearly new ones but I preferred, probably foolishly, to specify exactly what we wanted. I have downloaded the 650 page manual for bedtime reading. Goodness it's all rather complicated.
Inscription b5 Auto.

PC40

Post by PC40 »

Welcome to the forum.

The manual does look daunting, but a lot of items are mainly set and forget.

It’s not as bad as it looks and once delivered you’ll soon get used to the regularly used features so that you can enjoy the car.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

I've just collected my nearly new XC40 (Tuesday). Prior to collection, I read the manual and found out lots of useful info. It was definitely worth the effort.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

As well as reading the manual I always advise new owners to get a Brotect matte screen protector off ebay or Amazon. It cuts down on fingerprints and glare no end and is dead easy to fit.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I downloaded the manual whilst mine was on order in 2018 with the intention of reading it whilst I waited. I never did get to read it :roll:
:lol:
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
isvicthere

Post by isvicthere »

Skyrimmer wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:59 pm As well as reading the manual I always advise new owners to get a Brotect matte screen protector off ebay or Amazon. It cuts down on fingerprints and glare no end and is dead easy to fit.

I also bought the same screen protector, not for protection as such, but for the anti glare.

Was real easy to install apart from one instruction to cut down on dust which advised to fit it onto the screen in a moist environment, such as a steamy bathroom. The XC40 was a real pain getting up the stairs.
DrAdrian

Post by DrAdrian »

A few ups and downs. The young 'trainee' who masterminded my sale went off sick for 3 weeks. When it came to september I called the dealership to check the delivery date. They replied 'January'. Not best pleased. A couple of days later the young salesperson returns to work and calls apologetically; asked me to pop in to see if there was anything they could do. The Sales Manager (I went right to the top) has a spreadsheet of many XC40s they has unsold - cancelled orders and so on.

One was onsite - Inscription Pro in black with red leather. It looked lovely and they were happy for me to have that, as I was happy to accept it. It's rather better spec than the one I ordered but hey ho. Picking it ip Thursday.
Inscription b5 Auto.