New Member in America

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Adamantus

Post by Adamantus »

Hi all,
I found this forum via Twitter and it is great for feeding my XC 40 obsession. Since no one here owns one, it's the only way to talk to owners and hear from owners about it.

I hope it's ok for an American to join. I just test drove an XC40 yesterday and absolutely loved it. It exceeded the expectations I had when I ordered one via Care by Volvo. I got notice that the estimated arrival time is the first week of May. I am located in Baltimore, Maryland.

AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Sounds like you’re going to get yours before some of us Brits!
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Welcome to the fold. What spec have you gone for? What will it be replacing?
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Mukesh

Post by Mukesh »

Wellcome on board Adam .
Congratulations, you have ordered a great car and will throughly enjoy the ride .
XC40. T5. FE. Bright silver / lava interior / 20 inch alloys. Delivered 13th April .
David56

Post by David56 »

Good for you regarding your car, personally I love the good old US of A, been there many times.
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Welcome Adam. I once had the privilege of watching Jim Palmer pitch for the Orioles back in Memorial Stadium.

Had my XC40 9 days now so still learning a lot.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Adamantus

Post by Adamantus »

pjm, we may have been at some of the same games! My configuration is locked in by Care by Volvo. I'm getting a Rdesign. The only choice is color. I'm getting red. It is fully loaded. Just one regret, can't get that lava orange carpet, which would be a great match for my favorite baseball team, the Baltimore Orioles.