Finally joined the Club

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ek1el

Post by Ek1el »

Hi All,

I have been lurking on this forum site for quite a while but finally decided to make an account now that Ive purchased the vehicle, upgrading from a 2019 Citroen C3 Aircross which was my 1st Car. Also seems as if I may be the youngest person on this forum :lol: (19)

Was lucky enough to find a Brand New MY20 vehicle that was available in stock with all the options I wanted anyway.
Im glad to have found a stock one, especially now that the MY21 Models only have 1 main key , no R-Design branding etc....

Spec:
- R-Design , T3 Manual
- Onyx Black
- Xenium Pack ( Sunroof , 360 Camera , Park Pilot )
- Intellisafe Pro Pack ( ACC , Pilot Assist , Blindspot etc...)
- Convenience Pack ( Power headrests , Folding Boot Floor , Keyless Entry etc...)
- Winter Pack ( Heated Front Seats , Headlight Washers , Heated Windscreen and Windscreen Washers )
- Smartphone integration
- Spare Wheel
Should be getting delivered to me on Wednesday :D 8-)
Owner of a MY20 R-Design , T3 Manual
Onyx Black | Xenium Pack | Intellisafe Pro Pack | Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Smartphone Integration | Spare Wheel

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Congratulations on your new car and welcome to the forum.

I am with you on the MY20 over the new improved/reduced MY21 lol 1 key is just crazy!

Between ordering my car and it arriving they had removed the switch int he boot to drop the back seats - that was bad enough without all this other reductions.

Now the big question - as your only 19 how bad was the hit for insurance?
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Ek1el

Post by Ek1el »

Thank You,

Yh it’s crazy to think the newer versions and model years are less equipped and convenient than the older ones.

Insurance wasn’t too bad 2500 with black box or 3500 without 😂
Owner of a MY20 R-Design , T3 Manual
Onyx Black | Xenium Pack | Intellisafe Pro Pack | Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Smartphone Integration | Spare Wheel