T5 Twin Engine

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
marcofs

Post by marcofs »

It's my first Volvo. Had been waiting for the hybrid for a long time. I ordered my car as soon as the hybrid was available and only received it after a loooong 11 month period.

I'm very pleased with the electric driving experience. The 40km range is quite sufficient for my daily commute. I can go all week 100% electric.

The biggest let down so far is the absence of rear seat lighting with Momentum Plus Trim. Really wasn't expecting this with a premium brand.
XC40 T5 Twin Engine

morganj

Post by morganj »

I will be collecting my T5 Twin on Monday next week. Been waiting since January.

What is the performance like on pure electric? Suitable enough for mixed 50-80km speed roads?
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
kivapin

Post by kivapin »

The performance on pure electric is very good, more than enough for 50-80km speeds.
You just have to be careful and avoid being too agressive with the gas pedal, otherwise the petrol engine kicks in.
Once it starts the petrol engine will usually stay on for a minute or so, consuming some fuel.
T5 TwE R-Design Black - BusinessPro, VersatilityPro, Xenium, Rear Camera, Spare - Ordered: 20 November 2019, Delivered: 17 March 2020
lfpcorreia

Post by lfpcorreia »

I also have the twin engine, momentum plus. The hybrid powertrain is very good indeed.

The lack of lights is inexcusable. I can’t believe the salesperson told me the Rdesign was just estetics... all together (rims, lights, seats, dual color paint, harder suspension) more than justify the price difference imo.
T5 Twin-engine Momentum Plus
morganj

Post by morganj »

My first drive on collection day is going to be about 400km highway / sand road. Let’s see how this goes 🤔
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist