New car ordered!

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Lurch

Post by Lurch »

Hi!

A few weeks late posting, but ordered myself an XC40 in mid June and have a delivery date of early September, which seems to be the same as almost every other recent post on here!

Specs I ordered are the following:

XC40 R-Design Pro with B4 Petrol FWD Automatic.
Crystal White paint

Driver Assist pack
Park Assist pack
Smartphone integration
And the Harmon Kardon premium sound

My current car is a Volvo V40 D4 Polestar Optimised, and had a T3 version of the XC40 last year as a courtesy car and fell in love with it.

Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Enjoy your new car - mine has been 100% faultless since new. Changing to a V60CC on a whim as that's the car I would have bought originally if petrol had been available from launch but, that's no reflection on the XC40 - it's an absolutely brilliantly-designed car (as you know from your loaner).

You may even get your car a week or so early as the carwow surveys are currently returning lead times of 8-9 weeks - Volvos have NEVER had such short lead-times in the (admittedly limited) time where I've paid attention.

It's a case of wishing & hoping at the moment though as, although production is back to normal and demand is low, the supply chain is very fragile and it only takes one manufacturer of one option to fail to delay the whole thing
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Lurch

Post by Lurch »

I am hoping that get it quicker, but with the word how it is at the moment I am expecting it to be more likely that it is delayed. Have been told that mine will be built on week 33, and that shipping to the UK normally takes 2 weeks until it arrives.
decw22

Post by decw22 »

Hi
Just ordered mine. A XC40 B4P R-Design Sport Pro in red. Moving from 2019 VW T-ROC 1.5 TSI, not because its a poor car, its not! I've had VW's for years but because of 'Covid 19', my VW dealership has had to close down in Rotherham. They gave me a £300 voucher for accessories on my next new car but I don't want to travel 30 miles for services etc. So............
My dad had a Volvo Amazon 121 back in the 1960's and I learned to drive in that fabulous red car of his. The Volvo dealership is not far away, so on a whim I made an Appointment and popped to to see to see the cars on offer. Wow! I was very impressed not only by the staff at Riverside Volvo in Doncaster but by the cars. More expensive than VW so I needed to haggle and haggle good. The staff were brilliant, however, no coffee! 'Covid' again. Test drove the XC40 T4 a bit laggy compared to the VW but staff said the new B4P engine goes some way to mitigating the wait. The lag is not a deal breaker,however,I was wondering if a POLSTAR upgrade might be a good idea either to have it done before I collect the car or at the first service. What do you guys think?
mss911

Post by mss911 »

I've really enjoyed the Polestar upgrade. I had it retro fitted/applied & the dealer gave me a 14 day cooling off period to try it with the option of a refund if not satisfied. Might be worth considering this route.

Good luck & enjoy !
Lurch

Post by Lurch »

Pick my car up on the 7th September! It is apparently available from the 1st September but don’t have a chance to pick it up until the 7th.
mal1953

Post by mal1953 »

Hello, just heard from the dealer, I can collect my t3 auto next thursdat the 3rd september.