New member in London

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Foxracer

Post by Foxracer »

Hi all,

Picked up my new XC40 last week. Went for Black Stone and stuck with the 19" wheels for ride quality :)

Foxracer
XC40 T5 First Edition | Black Stone | 19" Wheels | Flame Thrower | Tow Bar

Mukesh

Post by Mukesh »

Excellent choice and must look very stunning ( all in black )
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the car !
XC40. T5. FE. Bright silver / lava interior / 20 inch alloys. Delivered 13th April .
senwar

Post by senwar »

Hi Fox. Congratulations on picking it up!

Did you test drive one with 20's? Just interested to know the difference in ride quality too.

Any pics???

I saw an FE on youtube earlier in white with the 19's looked really nice
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
wakey

Post by wakey »

Foxracer wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:46 pm Hi all,

Picked up my new XC40 last week. Went for Black Stone and stuck with the 19" wheels for ride quality :)

Foxracer
I’ve ordered Black as well, can’t wait to see it in the flesh (hopefully the end of this month)
Black (inside and out) XC40 First Edition D4, 20” Wheels and a dog grille :D Collection Saturday 7th April (ordered 6th January).
Foxracer

Post by Foxracer »

senwar wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:38 pm Hi Fox. Congratulations on picking it up!

Did you test drive one with 20's? Just interested to know the difference in ride quality too.

Any pics???

I saw an FE on youtube earlier in white with the 19's looked really nice
I never actually test drove the car. So it was a big leap of faith on my part. The dealer always assured me that I could have my deposit back if I didn't like it after testing, but never actually got that far. After watching all the youtube reviews, and seeing all the awards it got, I was pretty certain I wanted it. Plus as I put the deposit down before the end of December, I got the larger deposit contribution from Volvo, so I would have lost that opportunity!

One thing that the reviews seemed to mention is that the ride was a bit hard on the 20" wheels, and since I bought the car for comfortable cruising, I stuck with the smaller wheels. If the 4C adaptive suspension had been available I would have gone for the larger rims!
XC40 T5 First Edition | Black Stone | 19" Wheels | Flame Thrower | Tow Bar
Adamantus

Post by Adamantus »

Foxracer, from there pictures I've seen, the black is stunning. Great choice.