New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
davered67

Post by davered67 »

morning all, new XC-40 being delivered 1st July....I am a giddy kipper

D4 R-Design with all packs included

moved from BMW to Volvo

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

I bet you cannot wait! Good luck with the handover.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
swinkels

Post by swinkels »

Hi, guys, I have just picked up a new 2020 xc 40 r design with the three packs in thunder grey. I have joined this forum because I see I will have to ask a lot of questions as I don't have my pilots licence yet or any IT qualifications. I am 6 3 and the first impression is I love it.
Yes, I do have a question when in cruise mode you have autonomous braking does this emergency braking work when not in cruise mode.
thanks in advance.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Welcome both - enjoy your new cars.

Yes, you do get AEB in all situations, not just in cruise. I find it too sensitive though & have set the reaction to 'late'.

My recommendations for a new car are:

Matte screen protector

Sunglasses holder to replace grab handle (though taller drivers might find it annoying)

If you have 360° camera, drag & drop screen icons on RH screen to put camera icon in clear space for easy access.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Bullseye4

Post by Bullseye4 »

Afternoon all, new to the forum and also to being a Volvo owner. Took delivery of a T4 Inscription AWD after a few months delay due to the Covid after being with Lexus for the last 6 years. Still getting used to discovering my way around the car as no handover or demonstrations of what’s in the car. Can anyone advise on wither you can set an alert sound for when the satnav picks up speed cameras, as opposed to just showing them as an alert on the dash??

Cheers
Mike Wazowski

Post by Mike Wazowski »

Bullseye4 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:23 pm Afternoon all, new to the forum and also to being a Volvo owner. Took delivery of a T4 Inscription AWD after a few months delay due to the Covid after being with Lexus for the last 6 years. Still getting used to discovering my way around the car as no handover or demonstrations of what’s in the car. Can anyone advise on wither you can set an alert sound for when the satnav picks up speed cameras, as opposed to just showing them as an alert on the dash??

Cheers
My car always chimes when approaching a speed camera. I've never noticed an indication in the dash.

On central display select
Settings
My Car
Intellisafe
Road Sign Information
Speed.Camera Audio Warning - CHECK THIS
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Mike Wazowski wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:30 pm
Bullseye4 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:23 pm Afternoon all, new to the forum and also to being a Volvo owner. Took delivery of a T4 Inscription AWD after a few months delay due to the Covid after being with Lexus for the last 6 years. Still getting used to discovering my way around the car as no handover or demonstrations of what’s in the car. Can anyone advise on wither you can set an alert sound for when the satnav picks up speed cameras, as opposed to just showing them as an alert on the dash??

Cheers
My car always chimes when approaching a speed camera. I've never noticed an indication in the dash.

Settings
My Car
Intellisafe
Road Sign Information
As well as the chime I get a speed camera symbol come up next to the speed limit sign with the distance to the camera also shown.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

I don't have the chime, only the speed camera symbol.
Mike Wazowski

Post by Mike Wazowski »

Skyrimmer wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:32 pm
Mike Wazowski wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:30 pm

Cheers

Settings
My Car
Intellisafe
Road Sign Information
As well as the chime I get a speed camera symbol come up next to the speed limit sign with the distance to the camera also shown.

Just like Bulleye4 does.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the display.
Mike Wazowski

Post by Mike Wazowski »

Goldfish wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:44 pm I don't have the chime, only the speed camera symbol.
If you want the chime then just follow the instructions in my earlier post.