car ordered

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
mal1953

Post by mal1953 »

Hello, I have just ordered my xc40 should have it the beginning of september, I have looked at loads of reviews and videos and it seems to rate very high. Looking forward to owning it.

fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Hi, thats about the same delivery period as mine. Hopefully the factory has now got back up to speed.
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.
Manitoba

Post by Manitoba »

If it's produced in Belgium as I suppose, your cars will by finished on time. There are no delays atm.

Congrats with your new volvo!
With each replacement of parts, a car slowly becomes Chinese
morganj

Post by morganj »

What spec did you order?

I have had a T5 Twin on order since first week of Jan and still no firm delivery date. Maybe mid July or as late as Sept / Oct

Just playing a waiting game at this point.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
Makkoka

Post by Makkoka »

I ordered my T5 TwE mid-november. The dealer expected it might arrive in late July, but no firm delivery date either. It's a looooong route from Belgium to Finland :)
morganj

Post by morganj »

Makkoka wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:37 am I ordered my T5 TwE mid-november. The dealer expected it might arrive in late July, but no firm delivery date either. It's a looooong route from Belgium to Finland :)
Are you also in Finland? If so, is your dealer Bilia by any chance?

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
Makkoka

Post by Makkoka »

Mine is Autosalpa.
morganj

Post by morganj »

Makkoka wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:26 am Mine is Autosalpa.
So, it would seem that Volvo are leaving us trailing in delivery times compared to other countries, must be something to do with a couple of hockey games :lol:

I have been quoted mid-late July, but i'm not sure that will happen as I was told when I ordered the deliver would be mid-late April

Makkoka

Post by Makkoka »

M
[/quote]

So, it would seem that Volvo are leaving us trailing in delivery times compared to other countries, must be something to do with a couple of hockey games :lol:

I have been quoted mid-late July, but i'm not sure that will happen as I was told when I ordered the deliver would be mid-late April
[/quote]

My original delivery date was mid-April. Then Volvo cancelled the order and changed it to MY2021 and that delayed it to late-May early-June. And then hit the Corona virus...
morganj

Post by morganj »

That seems to fit with my story too.

Maybe ours will arrive at the same time