New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

The Evoque is a comparable car to the XC40. Reviews give pros and cons when they are compared. The Evoque has a smaller boot but is more capable off-road. The Evoque has the advantage of course of being assembled in the UK.

The petrol engine Land Rovers don't appear to have had the oil dilution problems many of the diesels have had. But the Evoque doesn't appear as badly affected as the disco sport (think it's down to where the DPF is or something like that).

What car did a comparison of the two and the Evoque won by a whisker - see youtube.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019

Ringer

Post by Ringer »

I fear for JLR's future, too many of us are switching from them, 4+ that I know of ,on this forum. Sad.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Yes I switched from them. They've kind of been slow in tackling quality issues. Think they have now got the Evoque and DS where they should have been at launch. I may well go back..either DS or Evoque..or the rumoured slightly smaller DS.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Welcome fisherman. If your name implies you are another fisherman then you have made a good choice. I have had an R Design D4 for just over a year as I do even more miles than you (or I would have if it hadn't come to a virtual stop in March). Ideal for fishing as the through load feature means I never have to dismantle my rods! 16,000 miles (would have been 18/19,000) and not a problem apart from a mysteriously self opening boot which seems to have been fixed with a squirt of oil.
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Hi Salmonfisher, you are correct. If I can work out how to send you a pm, I will contact you.
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.