Collected at last

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Squint, sorry to hear that, suppose its a bit of a good news, bad news situation, hope you find something that suits you.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D

squint

Post by squint »

Bernard Bernardsson

If it's any consolation you're not not alone - appeared on Facebook today:

IMG_7193.PNG

Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
Bernard Bernardsson

No doubt, someone somewhere, is missing a r design pro, contemplating a denim blue inscription.
It kind of reminds me when as a 15 Yr old, me and my mates were at Deeply Vale free festival and pulled off all the labels on the tins. You knew you were getting something to eat, but not sure just what was inside lol!
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
BxUKXwp6CZ01

Post by BxUKXwp6CZ01 »

I hope something with the right combination of goodies really appealed. I drove the R Design, as they didn't have a Inscription in stock and I thought it was a really nice car. I agree with all the comments above and if you do decide on a different model that they have in stock, try and come home and perhaps look at an Audi Q3 or something similar then you can go back to Volvo and what ever you decide you know that you are making the right choice.
T4 AWD Inscription Auto Intellisafe Xenium Pack Winter Pack Tempa Spare Wheel
Bernard Bernardsson

Well, back from dealers, going to wait for the reordered inscription. The r design pro was nice, the car I test drove was in fact an r design so I more or less knew what to expect. To be honest I'd more or less made my mind up before we went. So the deal will remain the same, cost wise, less the towbar, which is being fitted for free. The winter pack becomes a climate pack which adds a heated steering wherl and rear seats, and may be a 70 reg.
So we'll wait for that.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Glad you've got it sorted to your satisfaction. Dealer will now have another one from stock to sell..their mistake!

If you begin to think it's a long wait..there are many that will have waited that long before you...you've got some lovely bonus months of anticipation to enjoy
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Bernard Bernardsson

I know, I should be grateful I'm actually getting a new car truth be told. I was a bit wound up as another customer was just being handed his keys in a disinfected bag as I was waiting outside, :cry:
Like you say, others have had to wait a while, but Feb 14th to September is a stretch for someone as impatient as me :lol:. It will probably turn up as a yellow S60 next time :shock:. At the end of the day, the free towbar is a saving of the best part of a thousand quid, mind you, I'll not be able to go over 112 mph, so that'll make a big difference to how I usually drive with the caravan on the back :twisted:
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

:D :D

Assuming you're in the UK...did you use caravan club discount? I did but paid for my own towbar...but got free servicing
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
morganj

Post by morganj »

At this point I would be happy to get even the wrong car.

My Twin Engine was ordered Jan 2nd and still no firm delivery date on the horizon. Now looking like Sept / Oct 🤬
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
Bernard Bernardsson

Yup, caravan club discount, 7.5 % on car & packs, 10‰ on accessories, £500 dealer contribution & 0% finance with 50% down. Then 5yrs service.plan for £600.Happy enough with the deal, did look at an xc60, same spec as I'd ordered for the 40, that they'd registered in March was 39000 but that bit more, and the higher road tax yrs 2-5 put it too hlgh for me, and my dearly beheaded said it was too big lol