Car ordered, arriving June

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jmwansai1

Post by Jmwansai1 »

Test drive sealed the deal, like others on this site, we were told that there are still some FE's being made, although didn't mention that the spec might be different....

Osmium Grey arriving some time in June.
Both my wife and I were impressed with the way the car drove, gearbox seemed fine and both happy with the steering, very much a personal thing so understand why people's feelings on this vary so much.

Being a tech nut, the technology impressed me, really liked the birds eye view reversing camera. Did ask how this worked in the dark but the salesman wasn't sure, I'd be interested in the lucky few who are already driving one get on?

I've always found forums to be a great source of information and this one is shaping up well, already learnt so much from posts on this site.

Not being the most patient of people, the wait is agonising although my wife is much more relaxed....aaargghh

Sales experience was good, hate pushy sales people and the guy at Huddersfield was spot on.

Just the wait now...

David56

Post by David56 »

Congratulations, hopefully the wait won't be too agonising.
I haven't actually driven one but as soon as I saw it and in my preferred colour in the showroom I was sold.
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold
senwar

Post by senwar »

Nice one. Did you test drive yesterday morning? I was there for my test at 10:30 and the previous people test driving were wanting to buy a first edition according to the salesman.

I’ve been quite impressed with the Huddersfield dealership.

Will yours come with 20” wheels?
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Jmwansai1

Post by Jmwansai1 »

That was us driving before you. Didn't go there wanting a First Edition but felt that the car spec gave good value.
The salesman didn't mention that the car we ordered would be specced differently from the current ones being sold so will asking the question.
senwar

Post by senwar »

Glad it worked out for you - lovely drive isn't it.

Agree re: the spec - its what made me choose the 40 over my previously ordered 60
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Re your bit about camera at night and possible quality, the only thing I could find online from Volvo was;

Light conditions
The camera image is adjusted automatically according to prevailing light conditions. Because of this, the image may vary slightly in brightness and quality. Poor light conditions can result in reduced image quality.
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

I took 4 pics of the screen when reversing tonight. It’s a bit wet out there but the images were perfectly usable.

AEDBE895-B503-4FBF-9CA2-96D181023D3D.jpeg

F02DBD12-64F2-4759-8207-983DC08CE250.jpeg

27C66DAF-E4BD-4359-BF56-DA512DD33A50.jpeg

Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Jmwansai1

Post by Jmwansai1 »

Nice one, thanks for taking the time to post up. That's a relief. Technology nowadays never ceases to surprise an old codger like me!