XC40 R-design Pro D4 AWD Black

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Glanny

Post by Glanny »

Hello everyone,
Hope your all safe and well?

Hoping to take delivery of my new car by the end of the week start of next, fingers crossed.

i
If any one has ant tips or any ways of getting any freebie's or even getting the cost reduced out of Volvo then please let me know.

Hope I've made the right choice, this is my 1st Volvo.

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

You can usually get some basic things like mats or other accessories chucked in..or worth a try on the 3 year servicing deal..I got that bundled in for free.

On the general price the best time to do that is before signing on the dotted line. Discounts are available for example if you are a member of a certain organisation..like Caravan club.

This is my first Volvo too and very happy with it. Just wish I could take it on holiday again...seems so long ago now.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
squint

Post by squint »

I would have thought now you’ve ordered the car and it’s almost ready for collection you won’t get any additional freebies etc..

However, if you do, I have read on many forums that the car protection offered by dealers is grossly inferior to that when done by a professional dealer, is often poorly applied, and hardly costs the dealer anything - only what I’ve read.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
Bizarro

Post by Bizarro »

You'd expect to ask and get about 8% off the new price at time of purchase. However if you are picking it up in a few weeks I would say that boat has sailed. I wouldn't expect to receive anything else at this late stage.

There was a offer of a free 100Gb/12 month duration data SIM last year, not sure if it's still available but you could Google it, search this site, or ask the dealer.
Notsure

Post by Notsure »

Gradley wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:06 pm You'd expect to ask and get about 8% off the new price at time of purchase. However if you are picking it up in a few weeks I would say that boat has sailed. I wouldn't expect to receive anything else at this late stage.

There was a offer of a free 100Gb/12 month duration data SIM last year, not sure if it's still available but you could Google it, search this site, or ask the dealer.
Looking at this press release from Volvo last year it looks as though it is any MY20 car that is eligible for the free Vodafone 100 go data sim. I hope that’s the case as I am hoping to pick mine up on Saturday :o
https://www.media.volvocars.com/uk/en-g ... -in-the-uk
T4 R Design, Auto, Crystal White, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Front Park Assist, Smartphone Integration, Tempa spare wheel and jack.