New Owner

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
bluesman

Post by bluesman »

Been looking at this forum for a while before I made my mind up about which SUV to buy.
Took many months but decided on the XC40 after test driving all the usual suspects.
Ordered a T4 FWD R Design Fusion Red with convenience pack, winter pack, rear camera, front parking sensors and spare wheel.
Picked it up last Monday just as the garage was closing due to Covid 19.
Impressed with the car, just now trying to fathom out all the tech.
Opening the rear hatch is proving to be a bit of a challenge. Look like whirling dervish wafting my foot under the car.
So far so good done 50 miles at 23 mpg, but all short journeys.
XC 40 Fusion Red, R Design, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Front Parking Sensors, Spare Wheel.

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

bluesman wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:59 pm Been looking at this forum for a while before I made my mind up about which SUV to buy.
Took many months but decided on the XC40 after test driving all the usual suspects.
Ordered a T4 FWD R Design Fusion Red with convenience pack, winter pack, rear camera, front parking sensors and spare wheel.
Picked it up last Monday just as the garage was closing due to Covid 19.
Impressed with the car, just now trying to fathom out all the tech.
Opening the rear hatch is proving to be a bit of a challenge. Look like whirling dervish wafting my foot under the car.
So far so good done 50 miles at 23 mpg, but all short journeys.
With regard to the auto opening of the tail gate. You should be able to just give one kick to open it. Once the kick has been performed, step back a touch and it should open. Waving your foot about just doesn’t work. I had real trouble initially but now have a 90%+ success rate.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Its takes a while to work out but it has to be one action rather than a waving/hoping swing of the leg.

I had mine working virtually every time - Once this lockdown is finished I will have to learn it all again lol
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Db55

Post by Db55 »

Hi Bluesman and welcome to the forum. I’ve had my T5 for18 months and have found if you pass you foot under the V for Volvo beneath the bumper it tends to work most times. Good waving and stay safe!
T5 FE, osmium grey
Plumber64

Post by Plumber64 »

Had mine since January T5 AWD Polestar. Cant quite get it right yet and it looks like I am doing Riverdance so end up just touching the catch to open it. Will give it some more practice.
bluesman

Post by bluesman »

Thanks Db55 just tried it, works a treat. Was wafting in the wrong place, too close to the tyre.
XC 40 Fusion Red, R Design, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Front Parking Sensors, Spare Wheel.