New XC40, not quite yet !

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Update:

"Initially, we wanted to restart on Tuesday, April 14," said Barbara Blomme, the spokeswoman for Volvo Car Gent. "But that date was not feasible this morning, so we have now postponed the restart to Monday, April 20. When we start, we want to get started right away. Otherwise, this will have enormous consequences for the chain and we will have to reprogram everything. '

Before the factory reopens its doors, Volvo Gent, which employs 5,800 workers, wants to comply with all corona measures. "The most difficult thing is to guarantee the social distancing of 1.5 meters at all workstations," says Blomme. 'We usually compensate for this by organizing the pass-through system differently. But for a number of items, especially in the final assembly, that is really a major challenge because we must not endanger the rest of the chain. ”

Volvo Ghent wants to provide each team in the factory with a hygiene kit with gloves, alcohol gel and disinfectant. The staff themselves are instructed to keep the workstations clean. "It is not feasible to clean the entire factory every hour," says Blomme. 'That is why we give all employees the responsibility to disinfect the workplace, for example for the repayment. Anyone who works on the steering wheel will have to disinfect it before the car continues. "

The competent inspection services have already visited the modified factory. The unions are nevertheless skeptical about the timing of the management. "It is not possible to get rid of all obstacles," says Gino Hautekeete (ACV). "Social distancing is especially difficult."
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel

Notsure

Post by Notsure »

Thanks jamie307

Could you let me know where the update came from ?
Thanks
T4 R Design, Auto, Crystal White, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Front Park Assist, Smartphone Integration, Tempa spare wheel and jack.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Notsure

Post by Notsure »

Had a call from the dealer last week and collected my new car on Saturday :D :D

Unusual handover (dealers words), keys and documents in anti bac’d plastic bags and placed on a table for me to then pick up.
Walked out to car at the front of dealership (only car in maybe 10 spaces), asked to get in drivers seat and open the passenger window whereby instructions for the basic operation were given.
Not what I was hoping for when I ordered the car in early Feb, but hey ho nobodys fault. Memorable none the less.

First impressions, very nice after having driven an my S60 for 17 years. Only initial gripe is the road noise, which I guess is because of the largish tyres but I’m sure I will get use to it !
T4 R Design, Auto, Crystal White, Convenience Pack, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Front Park Assist, Smartphone Integration, Tempa spare wheel and jack.
squint

Post by squint »

First impressions, very nice after having driven an my S60 for 17 years. Only initial gripe is the road noise, which I guess is because of the largish tyres but I’m sure I will get use to it !
[/quote]

I checked my tyre pressures a few days after handover - were 44.5psi - should be 33psi - might be worth checking. (If you do alter pressures the TPMS needs to be reset).
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
Notsure

Post by Notsure »

Thanks for the pointer squint, I'll check them later
Pedro55

Post by Pedro55 »

Hi There,

I have a T4 VOLVO R-Design and have been trying to activate Parking Climate to no effect .Set Timer but noting happens as pe on call app. Any suggestions as to where I am going wrong...

Pedro
squint

Post by squint »

Same on mine. Although it’s on the app my car doesn’t have the heater - I asked same question after collecting- I can’t remember if any of the XC40’s have it but I’m sure someone on here knows. If not ask dealership or check online.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
morganj

Post by morganj »

Not 100% sure but I believe all Twin Engine vehicles have the climate system.

Also may be regional due to cars at least here in the Nordic countries offer have fuel based engine pre-heaters
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Which country are you based in Pedro? It might be better to start a separate thread rather than use this one which is about factory production. You'll probably get more answers with a stand alone thread.

I've so far only used parking climate to heat the car,screen and seats in the cold winter months. I've yet to see if it cools the car in the hotter months.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019