Car tax

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
foxy

Post by foxy »

I am looking to purchase another car either new or ex- dem , but find that if original price is or was over £40,000 I would have to £500 tax per year for 5 years. WHY??? Surely addition of a few extras like Intellisafe etc pushing the price up isn't going to add to emissions ?? Dealers must be suffering. I won't buy my selected car now.

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

How else do you think the government will make money? That’s what they do.
If you live in London, the Mayor looks at the shortfall and hikes the congestion charge to suit. It has very little to do with clean air. If he wanted clean air, he has the option to ban vehicles altogether or put the charge up to £80. If it was £80, no one would drive in so he leaves it at £12.50 just to entice us....
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
leveragedbeta1

Post by leveragedbeta1 »

Foxy it's mini wealth tax that gives people just enough of a hint of what life would be like under Labour so as not to do anything really stupid. Think of it as a shot across the bow.

Still narks me off that we haven't reformed council tax bands for what, 30 years now?