third volvo

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
adiehitch

Post by adiehitch »

just got my third Volvo the excellent xc 40 t3 momrntum with a few extras so far probably the car i've had

Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Welcome and congratulations on your new XC40. I don't see many fellow T3 owners on here, I think there is an assumption that its underpowered which it definitely isn't. Having a great time in mine.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

We have a T3 manual, wouldn't say its underpowered at all? If anything it feels quicker off the line than the T5 auto we test drive in the first place.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

stu22 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:45 pm We have a T3 manual, wouldn't say its underpowered at all? If anything it feels quicker off the line than the T5 auto we test drive in the first place.
Any time you want to test that out let me know :D My T5 has surprised quite a few people already
(I have one of the junctions where people cut you up by going straight on in the right hand only lane)
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

DarrenF wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:13 pm
stu22 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:45 pm We have a T3 manual, wouldn't say its underpowered at all? If anything it feels quicker off the line than the T5 auto we test drive in the first place.
Any time you want to test that out let me know :D My T5 has surprised quite a few people already
(I have one of the junctions where people cut you up by going straight on in the right hand only lane)
Don't misquote me, I said it feels quicker. The auto box that Volvo use is terrible.
Point is that 163bhp is not going to be a slug regardless, so cannot understand why people say underpowered? Many cars in the class are still around the 150bhp area....
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Gotta say I find the Volvo auto gearbox in the XC40 an absolute delight.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
aj05

Post by aj05 »

Im on my fourth Volvo now started with 740 then a 850R my favourite Volvo ever until it was written off by being rear ended. Then had a V70T5 for 17yrs before purchasing my current Xc40 inscription T5. I find the gear box good and the equipment level way above previous cars and it will shift when required but you dont expect it to handle through bends like a saloon. My V70 would cruise all day on a motorway in comfort and I can see why the police used them and I get the same feeling with the xc40 all in all so far a good vehicle
HANSONCATS

Post by HANSONCATS »

I also have just purchased my third Volvo after two V70's in the last 18years.
It is a T3 auto Momentum Pro in Siver metallic and blond leather seats.
It is a lovely car and rides and drives beautifully.
I was concerned it would not be as comfortable as my V70 and although the seats are narrower they have lots of adjustment and I love the higher driving position .

Still trying to sort out all the controls and features and although the technology has moved on a long way since my last V70 i am still not convinced the touchscreen technology is any better or safer than a few more buttons. The voice activated control will probably help when I master it.
Finally would like to fit a dash cam but the dealer was not very helpful-is there a consensus on the best option yet?
CB89

Post by CB89 »

Skyrimmer wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:26 pm Welcome and congratulations on your new XC40. I don't see many fellow T3 owners on here, I think there is an assumption that its underpowered which it definitely isn't. Having a great time in mine.
It’s reassuring reading through these forums... I’ve been pondering my choice of engine (T3) since placing my order (which coincidentally will be my 3rd Volvo too), as I’ve been wondering if it will feel a bit out of its depth out of town.
XC40 | Momentum | T3 Auto | Ice White
Ordered Feb ‘20 - Arrived end of June
Rigel

Post by Rigel »

Like you have had a few Volvo's., my last two S80's Changed a year ago to XC40 Inscription Pro T3, loved it then and still do now. Has all the power I could wish for I am delighted with my choice.