New Owner (soon!)

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
NCC

Post by NCC »

Hi. Just wanted to introduce myself. The terribly cryptic username is just my initials, first name Nick 🙂

My wife and I are picking up a lightly used, 8000 miles, T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue, on Thursday. It’s been a challenge to find the spec we wanted but this one is packing just about every option available. So, the obligatory heated steering wheel, along with lots of other goodies, is awaiting us. We’re coming from a Range Rover Sport SVR so the lack of a V8 and about 300bhp is going to take some getting used to. We enjoyed the test drive though and having had a lot of fun in our last Volvo, which was a V40 T4, many years ago, I’m certain we’re going to enjoy the XC40. I won’t deny that there will be a slight tear in my eye and probably a very big tear in Mrs NCC’s eye as she absolutely loves the SVR, when we say goodbye to it. Needs must though and Mrs NCC doesn’t have to pay the huge running costs! We’re very fortunate that we have an F-Type Jag and TVR for weekend fun, so we can’t really complain 🙂

Anyway, I’ve enjoyed browsing the forum so far and hope to be able to contribute something useful once we get the car. TBH I’m really looking forward to having something small and fun but also practical for our mad but incredibly loving Cockapoo 😂

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

I also have a T5 T-Design Pro in Bursting Blue! It's a great and I managed to get 34mpg on a trip around the M25 today (in comfort mode) which I am really happy with. Does your new car have the 360 camera fitted?
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
NCC

Post by NCC »

Thanks for the welcome Darren. Yes, 360 cameras fitted. I had similar on a previous car and found it very useful indeed when negotiating the narrow Pennine roads of westest West Yorkshire. Looking forward to having them again 👍
Kirman

Post by Kirman »

Have just purchased an xc40 after having a Jaguar xe for 3years.Thescreen is taking a lot of learning but asi am 79 it may be a slow job.The rear camera always seems misty and will mention this when I take the car in next week for a diagnostic as the car keeps jamming in first gear and can only be released by the paddles.Am a bit miffed as the car has only done 500 miles by me since new in December.have any other owners come across this.tThe car is otherwise great.Hope I haven t got a Friday afternoon car!GEF.
PC40

Post by PC40 »

Welcome to the forum both of you. An excellent choice of colour Nick. I’m sure you’ll soon get used to the car and despite its lack of SVR soundtrack it’s certainly not slow when provoked.

Kirman, Most if the screen is set up and forget. You’ll soon get used to those parts of the system that you use most.
Just a thought regarding the jamming gears, are you by any chance pulling the gear selector back three times putting the car in manual rather than twice for auto. Pulling back again puts it in auto.
The rear camera may just require a quick wipe as the lens can get mucky at this time of year.
If neither of the above solutions work then hopefully the dealer can sort the car out quickly and you can start enjoying it properly.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018