Hi,

Just registered.

Ordered a

T4 Inscription FWD auto in glacier silver.....delivery 1st March

Useful info here, thanks to posters.
T4 FWD Inscription ,Xenium Pack,Intellisafe,Winter Pack,Towbar, Glacier Silver

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Welcome and congratulations on your order!

Did you add any of the packages? I highly recommended the 360 camera
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
michael123

Post by michael123 »

DarrenF wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:03 am I highly recommended the 360 camera
+1
G4a

Post by G4a »

That's quick!
R-Design Pro T4 Awd
GCxc40

Post by GCxc40 »

hi Darren F...yes I ordered the Xenium Pack, intellisafe, winter pack plus retractable tow bar. I did originally order the T3 but after reading loads of reviews I dithered about power after years of driving diesels and only moving to petrol because of the tide against diesel power. I will occasionally tow a light caravan and thought the T4 was probably a safer choice. MPG discussions have made me think but at 9000 miles a year the difference in running costs on the high to low running costs doesn’t seem significant enough to take a risk on the lower power option.Seems like a long time to march 1st but delivery is end February so for a couple of weeks it seemed worth waiting for the new plate.
T4 FWD Inscription ,Xenium Pack,Intellisafe,Winter Pack,Towbar, Glacier Silver
ak888

Post by ak888 »

That's a quick turnaround. I ordered way back in October expecting mid Feb, pickup on Mar 1 hopefully. I was just told the order is firm and no further changes possible and the mid Fed expectation still holds, similar to you being a T4 FWD Inscription Pro and a bunch of options. I had the exact same thoughts as you, between T3, T4, diesel, fuel consumption etc....and we have not even had a test drive yet and won't bother now. May be blind faith....we shall see. This is based on one of our cars we loved and owned the longest was the prior shape XC60 D5.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Top man. Welcome to the forum. Load of useful information and advise on here.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

GCxc40 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:23 pm hi Darren F...yes I ordered the Xenium Pack, intellisafe, winter pack plus retractable tow bar. I did originally order the T3 but after reading loads of reviews I dithered about power after years of driving diesels and only moving to petrol because of the tide against diesel power. I will occasionally tow a light caravan and thought the T4 was probably a safer choice. MPG discussions have made me think but at 9000 miles a year the difference in running costs on the high to low running costs doesn’t seem significant enough to take a risk on the lower power option.Seems like a long time to march 1st but delivery is end February so for a couple of weeks it seemed worth waiting for the new plate.
I personally think you have done the right thing - I have had a play around with the drive modes and in comfort (with a slightly heavy right foot) I am now getting 33-35 mpg on longer runs which I am very happy with. Your T4 should be even better! Better to have more power and not use it than struggle especially if towing.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Jock 90

Post by Jock 90 »

Ordered mine Oct 17th, got email that the car had been built on 19th December, and it was delivered to the dealer on 6th Jan. Due to personal reasons (Motability) I decided to postpone collection till 1st March, new 2020 registered.

Volvo XC40 Inscription T3, Denim Blue, Charcoal leather. Standard factory spec.