Just ordered my new Volvo

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
magiccat

Post by magiccat »

Evening all. I’m new here. Well ordered up a nice new XC40 having spent the last 2 years in a Mazda CX-5 which was a great car. Well happy with the Volvo though. The test drive was a T3 R Design Auto because that’s all they had to test. My order is a T4 Inscription AWD. So is there anything that’s different apart from the suspension and the respective standard specs? I expect the ride to be softer but that suits me. I know the inception engine is bigger so fair enough cause the R Design was nippy enough on a 1.5. The 8 speed gearbox is silky smooth but I’ve read that it’s a bit hesitant at junctions which I think I felt on the test drive but had more to do with the start/stop than the car. Any advice appreciated. But what a car! Does everything very very well.

jac830

Post by jac830 »

I’ve got a AWD T4 R-Design Pro. I test drove the T4 Inscription before I ordered mine, and it’s slightly softer through the bends than the R-Design’s, but honestly around town, there’s no noticeable difference. T4 Engine is a lot more responsive than the T3 (I also drove a T3 Manual) and it is very, very quiet even when pushed. Economy is okay,

I came from a 2016 Honda HR-V, and wow I can feel the difference! I’ve had mine since July and put 9000 miles on it. I’m getting just over 33 mpg overall (but I drive like a lunatic) so I’m very happy with it.
My wife easily gets 40 ish on her commute which is mainly B-Roads and Dual Carriageways, and she isn’t a slow driver.

You’ll love the car.
2019 XC40 R-Design Pro, Fusion Red, Xenium Pack, Winter Pack, Electric Tailgate, Harman/Kardon Premium Sound, 21” Alloys