Hi all, new car on order.

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Once you add the T5 there is no chance of getting it lower than 40k with the packs. I managed to get a good discount but not quite 10% :-(

Does the upgrade give you the 360 cameras as well as ACC?
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.

alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

I was told that you can go over £40,000 by a little margin anyway, because the price is OTR, so you dont take into account the road fund licence etc.
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel
PeeBee

Post by PeeBee »

Surely if it's OTR then it does take into account the road fund licence. You can't go on the road without the tax.

Or am I missing something?

EDIT:
I've just looked it up!

The price should include on-the-road costs such as delivery and numberplates but excludes the first year’s road tax and initial registration fee.
ak888

Post by ak888 »

Similar order, originally had a T5 Hybrid via company, but circumstances changed so now a personal purchase of a T4 FWD Inscription Pro. Trying to keep under the 40K mark, so have all the packs, tempa spare, and smartphone but can't add rear tinted window (can do aftermarket) or HK sound (not a great lost from what I read). And from Bell's as well!

Just wanted to ask if the dealer upgrade from Intellisafe to Pro is completely identical, as the SmartPhone upgrade I read differs slightly in the factory has dual usb ports but the dealer fit is 1 usb port.
PeeBee

Post by PeeBee »

I'm really happy with my RDesign T4 AWD but I have this feeling in the back my head that it's just the badge I've bought.

In my opinion no amount of bells and whistles makes it a 40k car. It's a high 20s, early 30s in feel and quality and no amount of lane guidance tech makes it feel any better.

As I say I like the car but I think it's badge style over substance.

My previous VW Golf was head and shoulders above it in the quality, finish and feel stakes.

Sharp edges, usability, flaky software, poor materials, visible wires under the seats etc.

I'll see how it goes, who knows it may grow on me.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

ak888 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:39 am Just wanted to ask if the dealer upgrade from Intellisafe to Pro is completely identical, as the SmartPhone upgrade I read differs slightly in the factory has dual usb ports but the dealer fit is 1 usb port.
My Apple play upgrade is being done at the dealer and they said it is exactly the same. Will find out in a couple of weeks.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
vic_t4

Post by vic_t4 »

Thank you for this Forum.
I have got on order my FIRST Volvo, after a lifetime of Ford's I am really looking forward to taking delivery of a Onyx Black Auto XC 40 FWD R-Design Pro(Petrol) which the dealer says should be end of January 2020!
As its my first Volvo, and after studying the comprehensive on-line manual for a goodly while, is there anything, as a newcomer to the marque, I should be studying with greater interest?
I welcome any suggestions from XC 40 owners, who have advice for a Volvo Virgin!! :ugeek:
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

ak888 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:39 am Similar order, originally had a T5 Hybrid via company, but circumstances changed so now a personal purchase of a T4 FWD Inscription Pro. Trying to keep under the 40K mark, so have all the packs, tempa spare, and smartphone but can't add rear tinted window (can do aftermarket) or HK sound (not a great lost from what I read). And from Bell's as well!

Just wanted to ask if the dealer upgrade from Intellisafe to Pro is completely identical, as the SmartPhone upgrade I read differs slightly in the factory has dual usb ports but the dealer fit is 1 usb port.

I think you get 2 USB ports in the dealer fit. The iPhone has to be plugged in to function and therefore it takes up the socket permanently. The dealer fit instructions show 2.

553E0508-E6D4-4B95-819E-65969FBF117E.png

R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

I am having the smartphone upgrade completed by the dealership new week (before I pick my car up) and they have assured me you get the same 2 ports as per the factory fitting (which I would have preferred!).