G'day from Sydney

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
gabes1982

Post by gabes1982 »

Just wanna say hi & extend my thanks to the tons of information that was extremely helpful in deciding the specification and ultimately the purchase of the XC40. We are expecting delivery at the end of the week.

My wife and I actually had our eyes initially set on new Range Rover Evoque, however, the options list on those things are simply crazy, even keyless entry is an option! A specced up SE model with the base P150 engine is 80k+ / £43k.

The XC40 T5 R design with similar spec was over 20k / £10k cheaper in Australia so it was hard to ignore. The Momentum T4 would have been £15k cheaper :shock:

So we went for murdered-out black treatment - Black Stone, full black leather - wife didn't want the Nubuck, think it would be hard to clean with young kids :( We saved ourselves some money by not opting for the lifestyle pack that includes the somewhat troublesome H&K sound system and moonroof, too hot in Aus she said but we got an all-black car...LoL

Hope to post up some pic soon. Very exciting to make this purchase as I actually went to school with Ian Kettle, the lead exterior designer.
Current chariot - XC40 R-Design Black Stone
Gone but not forgotten - Peugeot 306xt, Polo Gti 6R, Megane RS265 Cup

gabes1982

Post by gabes1982 »

dge.jpg

Here's the new ride :)
Current chariot - XC40 R-Design Black Stone
Gone but not forgotten - Peugeot 306xt, Polo Gti 6R, Megane RS265 Cup
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Nice, very stealthy looking.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
michael123

Post by michael123 »

nice shot :) Enjoy!