Ordered the hybrid XC40

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
pasti3008

Post by pasti3008 »

Hi,

Placed an order for the new hybrid plug in XC40.
My delivery is due in March 2020; so very long wait!

I went for the inscription (auto) in denim blue with black leather upholstery.
Specs wise I went for convenience, xenium, winter and intellisafe pro packs.

Don't think I will need the android auto option as I believe you can still make/receive calls and stream music from Spotify.

This will be a step up for me as currently drive a series 1 BMW, which is smaller than the XC40 and have never driven an automatic before (until last Saturday when I went on a test drive).

Slightly worried about the blind spot in the rear of the car and the comments about the city safe autobrake issue but will change the sensitivity settings when I get the car and hopefully BLIS will help.

This forum was very useful and I hope that I have made the right decision!
PHEV Inscription auto/ denim blue/black interior/xenium, convenience, winter and intellisafe pro packs :D

Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

Congratulations if I could have waited I would have gone for the hybrid also. The blind spots are fine once your used to them and the Bliss system is very good.
PC40

Post by PC40 »

I can confirm that the BLIS system works well. Yesterday I was reversing into a car park space that was near the entrance road, although separated by 2 kerbs and a 3 foot flower bed. The car clearly made me aware of cars it thought I was on a collision course with, and the stopped sharply a foot short of the kerb at the end of the parking space so leaving a good 4,5 feet from any possible collision.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I only have the collision avoidance on my car but having set it to Late in settings after two needless sudden brakings and then it doing another one for no good reason I found that you can turn it off using the Icons.

I now turn it off every time I start the car along with the Stop/Start.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
pasti3008

Post by pasti3008 »

Thanks guys! I will see how I get on with the city brake system if its causing more problems than its worth, I will switch it off as you suggest.

Anyway, it's a relatively long wait, not sure how patient I will be.

Maybe, volvo will deal with these issues on the newer models and fix any blips in the system.
PHEV Inscription auto/ denim blue/black interior/xenium, convenience, winter and intellisafe pro packs :D