Ordered an XC40 on Sunday.

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Gray1969

Post by Gray1969 »

Hi all,
Ordered an R design T4 automatic on Sunday in Onyx metallic black, with the winter pack and the convenience pack.
We went in to the local dealers on the Saturday and did the deal, got a print out of their offer, went home and thought it through and rang them back on the Sunday and ordered it.
The salesman said he would put the order in the next day, and he "thinks" it should be ready some time in December and would get back to us once he had a definite date, does this wait time seem about right/average to you?

Cant wait now, already been spending too much time on the forum reading up on it.

Cheers all.....
T4 Auto R design in Onyx black, 19" alloys, winter pack and convenience pack, front parking sensors.

alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

I ordered mine on Sunday and was told the same so fingers crossed
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel
Chris B

Post by Chris B »

I think a wait time of around 3 months is a very good result, it may indicate the dealer already had an allocated slot which was then paired to your order.
T5 R Design Pro AWD in Bursting Blue with Xenium, Winter Plus, Intellisafe and Convenience packs
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Hopefully a timely Christmas present to yourself! Good that waiting times have come down a bit. The car is worth the wait though!
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

Just had a call from my dealer.

The initial order was saying January but he said he managed to get another production slot of the same spec and ETA is now December 26, which he says will hopefully come forward.

Happy days
MY20 T4 R-Design Pro FWD in Crystal White. Intellisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Apple CarPlay, Spare Wheel
Gray1969

Post by Gray1969 »

Hello again,
Just received an e-mail from the dealer today, and the car is expected in for delivery on Thursday the 28th of November, when they will put the car through preparation and valeting.
So, if it comes on that date, and we pick it up at the weekend, that will be a total of 9 weeks from order to pick up, not bad really, seems they are getting on top of delivery times.
Just hope a no deal brexit doesn't affect it in any way, fingers crossed.
T4 Auto R design in Onyx black, 19" alloys, winter pack and convenience pack, front parking sensors.
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

That’s amazing news. I’m very jealous.
alanplum241276

Post by alanplum241276 »

Another call from my dealer. I’ve been bumped to early December. :)
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

Ordered mine Aug 30, drove it away on the Sept 25; 3 1/2 weeks in total.

It wasn't factory ordered though but a MY2020 model already dealer ordered and in the pipeline. It was the spec I wanted.

If I'd ordered something specific I was quoted a January delivery, which wasn't a time I was prepared to wait.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Ordered mine mid July and after reading this thread called the dealer - car due 25th Nov and a week for prep (seems long to me).

I know the factory closed late summer for holiday but it certainly looks like the wait time is reducing fast.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.