Ordered an XC40 on Sunday.

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Gray1969

Post by Gray1969 »

Just had an email from the dealer, original arrival date was the 28th, its now been brought forward a week to next Thursday the 21st.

Brilliant news and can't wait now, seems Volvo are getting on top of the delivery times, it will be under 8 weeks for us from ordering to arrival.
T4 Auto R design in Onyx black, 19" alloys, winter pack and convenience pack, front parking sensors.

enneo

Post by enneo »

That's good news. In theory ours if the last info we had, may have arrived in to Killingholme @ 07;20 hrs yesterday aboard the MV Delphine. Not holding out much hope we will be told any further news until it has been at the dealer a few days, and they want it out in this month. Unlucky for the them not losing a months RFL, may ask for the delivery date on the order form 25 December 2019, gain a bit more interest on the money.
XC 40 R-Design T4, Bursting Blue, Xenium Pack, Convenience Pack, Intellisafe Surround Pack, Tempa Spare Wheel + Jack
Gray1969

Post by Gray1969 »

enneo wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:36 pm That's good news. In theory ours if the last info we had, may have arrived in to Killingholme @ 07;20 hrs yesterday aboard the MV Delphine. Not holding out much hope we will be told any further news until it has been at the dealer a few days, and they want it out in this month. Unlucky for the them not losing a months RFL, may ask for the delivery date on the order form 25 December 2019, gain a bit more interest on the money.
Must admit, when our original delivery date was the 28th, was hoping to pick it up on sunday the first of December, apart from the obvious extra months road tax is there any other advantage waiting? Think the road tax is £145? a year when I renew, so not too bothered losing about a tenners worth of road tax to pick it up early, or am I missing the point?
When you say gaining interest on the money, do you mean the funds for the car in your bank balance?
Cheers.
T4 Auto R design in Onyx black, 19" alloys, winter pack and convenience pack, front parking sensors.
Gray1969

Post by Gray1969 »

Think I've made myself look a right **** in my previous post :oops:

Can someone explain the road tax situation when buying a new car?, for example what happens if you buy a car on the 23rd of the month, does it run to the 23rd of the month when it comes to renewing next year? done a quick google but can't seem to find anything.
enneo

Post by enneo »

Gray1969 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:42 am Think I've made myself look a right **** in my previous post :oops:

Can someone explain the road tax situation when buying a new car?, for example what happens if you buy a car on the 23rd of the month, does it run to the 23rd of the month when it comes to renewing next year? done a quick google but can't seem to find anything.
Unless the dealer taxes the vehicle for 12 months + remaining days of November you will lose a full months RFL, ie the vehicle will need taxing Oct 2020. DVLA RFL is month end to month end, although they always fiddle what you are owed when you have a refund on a surrendered RFL. Yes, ours is just a cash purchase no px involved.
XC 40 R-Design T4, Bursting Blue, Xenium Pack, Convenience Pack, Intellisafe Surround Pack, Tempa Spare Wheel + Jack
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

enneo wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:37 am
Gray1969 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:42 am Think I've made myself look a right **** in my previous post :oops:

Unless the dealer taxes the vehicle for 12 months + remaining days of November you will lose a full months RFL, ie the vehicle will need taxing Oct 2020. DVLA RFL is month end to month end, although they always fiddle what you are owed when you have a refund on a surrendered RFL. Yes, ours is just a cash purchase no px involved.
Yes, Grey1969 you will have to pay your £140 for your second year tax a full month before you have to. That's almost a full £12 too soon!
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

USERof XC40 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:00 pm Yes, Grey1969 you will have to pay your £140 for your second year tax a full month before you have to. That's almost a full £12 too soon!
:lol: it's a full £12, sounds so much less than a month of road tax. Even if you are over the 40k mark the road tax is still a small amount compared to the car.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Gray1969

Post by Gray1969 »

Cheers all.

Yeah, like I said further up, Im not delaying getting the car in order to save just over a tenner, especially when the car is just under £37k before my discount, just wondered how the tax system worked that's all.

Cheers again.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Gray1969 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:23 pm Cheers all.

Yeah, like I said further up, Im not delaying getting the car in order to save just over a tenner, especially when the car is just under £37k before my discount, just wondered how the tax system worked that's all.

Cheers again.
You're not alone about the tax system, just taxed me old car a few months ago and trying to work out how to claim this back is way to complex. I still cannot see what was wrong with the old system were the car tax was sold with the car.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
enneo

Post by enneo »

A bit of misconception relating to the 40k higher RFL. The regulations are that if the vehicle is ex works OTR 40k or above is in the higher tax band for 5 years, any discount won off a stealer does not count. it is not what you shell out, even if you got a 10% discount. Also the current second year RFL is £145 on the less than 40k OTR vehicles, this will probably go up again, with which ever idiots gain power next month.