R Design on order.

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Azza_86

Post by Azza_86 »

Hi, Been a long time stalker but this is my first post!

So, we ordered a T3 R-Design Pro auto in black stone with intellisafe surround and the Xenium pack on 24th May 19.
We were originally given a delivery date for middle of September. We then received an email from the dealer on 20th July (could have called!) stating that because of the popularity of the T3 engine variant we are now looking at a delivery date of 1st November! :shock: :( Gutted would be an understatement.

This will be our first brand new showroom car and I am the most impatient person!

Anyone else ordered a T3 R-Design around the same sort of time and had theirs delayed?
T3 R-Design Pro auto in black stone.
Intellisafe surround
Xenium pack
Ordered on 24th of May 19 was expected on 16th of September now expected on the 1st of November!
Collected on 25th October. :D

Henners2748

Post by Henners2748 »

Hi Azza,
I have too been a long time stalker and this is my first post. I ordered my T4 R Design on 7 Aug and was told mid Dec then the next day was told mid Nov.
I ordered it in Thunder Grey but then saw some reviews on this forum and had a change of mind.
I opted for a complete change and went for the T4 Inscription in Black - Told the dealer on the 14th Aug and Now I have been told mid Jan. Teach me for my indecisiveness !!

T4 Inscription in Black Stone
Intellisafe Surround
Xenium Pack
Winter Pack
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Mid-January, that's ridiculous, even mid-November was quite a long wait. Looks to me as though build dates are extending out again. Ordered mine in May and got it 8 weeks later which included me changing the colour. The estimated date increased by 2 days.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Naybag

Post by Naybag »

I ordered my car (T3 Inscription Pro) on the 25th May, just one day after yourself and I've received a call from the dealer today saying it's ready to collect on Thursday.

I was originally told 8 weeks like Chris but after many calls and emails to the dealer I managed to drag out of them it would be a bit later than they had quoted.

So I'm looking at almost exactly 3 months from order which looking at the forum is quite a normal amount of time to wait.

Mid November is quite a long wait but mid January is just shocking.
| XC40 Inscription Pro T3 Geartronic | Black Stone | 360 Degree Camera | Intellisafe Pack |
Azza_86

Post by Azza_86 »

Hi Henners,
January? Ouch! Any particular reason why you changed model completely? I suppose you need to be sure what you want.

Naybag lucky you! I can't wait to receive that call.

Maybe the T3 R-Design being so popular and the factory shutting down for summer just isn't helping with delivery times.
Intellisafe surround
Xenium pack
Ordered on 24th of May 19 was expected on 16th of September now expected on the 1st of November!
emporiky

Post by emporiky »

I also changed my order on July 22 (a week after the original order) from a T3 to a T4 engine and the delivery date slipped by a week - from the end of September to the beginning of November. However, I am also based in Belgium, so the XC40s are literally being built next door :mrgreen:

January delivery date is really disappointing - I suppose the model is still relatively new and they are having a lot of orders. I think this year even the factory break was shorter - until August 15, whereas 2 years ago, when I was waiting for my V40, it was until the end of August. I would still think it’s worth trying talking to the dealer - see if any other configuration will be faster to be built?
Current car: XC40 T4, Momentum Pro, Fusion Red
Premium Audio, Intelisafe, Park Assist 360, Versatility, Xenium, Winter packs

Previous car: Volvo V40 T3 Inscription
Henners2748

Post by Henners2748 »

Azza_86 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:02 pm Hi Henners,
January? Ouch! Any particular reason why you changed model completely? I suppose you need to be sure what you want.

Naybag lucky you! I can't wait to receive that call.

Maybe the T3 R-Design being so popular and the factory shutting down for summer just isn't helping with delivery times.
Hey,
I just thought there was a little more value and luxury for not so much more money. If I am spending that kind of money on car.... it might as well be luxury
Just very excited- and also a little bewildered by the wait time.
Henners2748

Post by Henners2748 »

Got a call from my dealer and my Inscription is ready to collect on Friday. Cant wait!!!
They said mid Jan after i made some changes - so a real bonus it has come early.
Azza_86

Post by Azza_86 »

That is a bonus!

We picked ours up last Friday only a week or so earlier than they said but still!

Absolutely loving it so far but not loving this great British weather. 👎
Intellisafe surround
Xenium pack