Bonsoirjourno From Shropshire :-D

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
ShiftySixSpeed

Post by ShiftySixSpeed »

Hiya folks, I'm new here, as you may have gathered :D

I take delivery in a couple of weeks of my Bursting Blue T4 R-Design FWD... Can't wait! I'll be coming from a 68 plate A-Class A200 which is far too low for me now as I have several health issues which can have a strong impact on my mobility.

Looking forward to seeing what the FWD is like compared to the AWD. I'll certainly be Introducing some Cross-Climate+ SUV tyres come slippery season. Unfortunately the AWD version was taken off the motability scheme just before I placed my order and before you all frown, I have paid into the system all my life and I'd rather not be this infirm at 36.

Hopefully it'll prove to be a great suv (certainly very comfortable) and likewise this, a great forum.

The name is Mike by the way but I'm used to much worse :D :lol:

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Same as mine which I picked up a week ago. I'm very happy with mine so hopefully you will be as well.

I chose FWD as I've never had AWD and have no need for it. I did have a set of Cross-Climates fitted to my Yeti before the winter but never had the weather to test them out!

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Welcome Mike - I'm only a bit jealous as Shropshire is one of my favourite counties.

Sorry to hear of your mobility issues but, as I'm sure you've already established, the XC40 has a good height & seats go nice & high. For tall drivers, the top of the window line could be higher (some of my taller passengers bang their heads getting in & out as I have passenger seat set high for best rear legroom) but, for non-giants it's a great car.

Are you in one of the hillier parts of Shropshire? It's crazy you can't have AWD on motabilty as, by definition, motabilty users can often be the ones most reliant on their cars.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Deleted User 1894

Post by Deleted User 1894 »

Welcome! I'm in Shropshire too. Did you order from Shrewsbury, or from somewhere else?

The XC40 is nice and high, so that hopefully won't be an issue for you.
ShiftySixSpeed

Post by ShiftySixSpeed »

Thanks everyone! Yes Carl, I'm in the hills and ideally wanted the AWD, however they took it off the scheme for the 3 month 1/4 that I had the nod to place the order, now they've put it back on. But such is life. I'm sure it'll be an excellent car. I found the ride quality to be superb on the test drive and my current AMG Line A Class is like a rock, similarly, I found the VW Tiguan to be shockingly harsh over the slightest of imperfections in the road, but the XC40 was excellent and the seats are amazing.
I have the Xenium pack, convenience pack, winter pack, power drivers seat, intellisafe surround and stuck with the 18" wheels for comfort (even though I do enjoy spirited driving when I'm up to it)... The higher side wall will hopefully take a bit of the shock out of potholes with the stiffer R-Design suspension etc...

Hi Septercius! Yeah, mine is coming from Shrewsbury... The seating position is nice a high, it's extremely comfortable and supportive, even given my 6'4" & stocky dimensions! I have the seat set slightly lower to allow more head room due to the panoramic roof, but I found visibility to be great and the overall look of the car in bursting blue is awesome. Deffo happy with my choice thus far! She'll be going to France with me and some family later in the year, so the bigger boot and rear seat space will be great!