XC40 ordered today, Thanks to the help on here

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the information in this forum.

It was great for answering a lot of practical questions after test driving the R-design T5 and D4 models amd hearing from people actually driving the car rather than the sales pitch.

Just ordered a T5 R-design Pro in Bursting blue with an expected delivery date the end of November - now can someone get the government to get their act together as I don't want any surprises if Brexit does happen the end of October. :D
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.

Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

Congratulations! You’ll love it! You can ask your dealer to check with Volvo UK if they can prioritise your delivery that way it might arrive earlier.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

ust ordered a T5 R-design Pro in Bursting blue with an expected delivery date the end of November - now can someone get the government to get their act together as I don't want any surprises if Brexit does happen the end of October. :D

Snap!! I’ve ordered the same but in white. Same delivery too.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

That's quite a long delivery time. Mine was at the dealers 9 weeks from order. Is there a holiday shutdown during your delivery period?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Yes they have a factory shutdown about to start according to the dealership. That's adding about a month on to the delivery times
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Dermottdog wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:48 pm Snap!! I’ve ordered the same but in white. Same delivery too.
Fingers crossed we don't get any surprises :o
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

AnotherXC40 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:13 pm Congratulations! You’ll love it! You can ask your dealer to check with Volvo UK if they can prioritise your delivery that way it might arrive earlier.
Got a message back saying 'I will also see what I can do regarding speeding up your order too.' Thanks for the tip
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Hey mate, just FYI i ordered two weeks before you (end of June) and was initially given a late October - early November quote.
In the meanwhile they called saying it's now early September. No exact date but they said within first half
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

ciuncky wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:10 am Hey mate, just FYI i ordered two weeks before you (end of June) and was initially given a late October - early November quote.
In the meanwhile they called saying it's now early September. No exact date but they said within first half
I so hope I get the same call! Thanks for the info
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

After waiting a couple of weeks I decided to contact the dealership again and the delivery date is still the end of Nov.

They never tried to see if this could be speed up but with a hard Brexit looming they may not get a sale and I will be getting my deposit back.

To be honest if it was not so close to me I would have used a different dealership.