Cjwye

Post by Cjwye »

Hi

Quite a different change coming my way.
Practicality has won.
Anyone else gone from an XE to an XC?

trencherman

Post by trencherman »

I bought an R Design T4 in May having exchanged my Jaguar XE 2.0. No regrets other than appalling fuel consumption {circa 23 mpg} although I've yet to reach 1000 miles. Have to say navigating Devon's narrow lanes is so much easier in an SUV!
Cjwye

Post by Cjwye »

😀
Yep prepared for the fuel consumption - beggars as to why it’s so bad
CelticXC40

Post by CelticXC40 »

The good news is that mine has now increased to 34mpg. 6000 miles on the clock. When it came I was lucky to get 27mpg.
XC40 Inscription pro - T4 - Auto AWD - Pine Grey - Blonde Leather - 19" wheels - Intellisafe pro Pack, Tinted windows, Keyless drive, wireless charging, Xenium pack, Towbar, Spare wheel. Delivered 22nd January 2019.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Cjwye wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:45 pm beggars as to why it’s so bad
My feeling is that are a few factors, with each one possibly contributing to circa 2mpg. When looked at in this light, I'm OK with the consumption:

The existence of the T5 makes people view the T4 as a low-powered option. 190hp was a headline figure not too many years ago!

Many upgrade from lower-powered & less refined cars & don't realise they're accelerating much faster than they used to (especially as you never have to back off to avoid wheelspin).

The AWD is always engaged from standstill (though this one is perhaps negligible) .

Volvo are one of the few marques to favour the smoothness & reliability of a torque converter over the performance & economy of a double-clutch.

Emphasis on safety means the XC40 is heavier than most of its (up to date) peers.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

What octane rating do you petrol owners put in? I use Shell V power and consistently get well over 45 mpg.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Skyrimmer wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:17 pm What octane rating do you petrol owners put in? I use Shell V power and consistently get well over 45 mpg.
I use the highest octane when I'm at Tesco but find that, at most garages, the price premium for the special juice is not cost-effective.

Bear in mind that the T3 is in a completely different league when it comes to economy. T3 is an amazing engine but, I wanted AWD Auto - not available below T4 when I ordered.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Moosexcvolvo

Post by Moosexcvolvo »

Cjwye wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:41 am Hi

Quite a different change coming my way.
Practicality has won.
Anyone else gone from an XE to an XC?
Cjwye, I took delivery of a D4 R Design Pro last Thursday. The XE 2.0D R Sport was taken away on the same flatbed that delivered the Volvo. Similar reasons to yourself - practicality; we acquired a rather small pup last year that quickly turned into a hairy drooling beast!

No regrets so far, I just have to remind myself that I must slow down to take corners these days :lol:

HB
MY20 | R Design Pro | D4 | Bursting Blue