Only Gone and Done It

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
RayB

Post by RayB »

Well after due consideration a couple of weeks ago I ordered an XC40. I had given one or two SUV’s the once over resulting in the Volvo becoming the favourite. Now retired I was looking for comfort and easy access for my wife who is increasingly less mobile. So I took her along to sit in it and she managed fine. As the one we saw had a powered passenger seat that helped to win her over in getting the right position. Next step was a test drive. It was an R-Design petrol auto. Smooth, comfortable, easy to drive, just the job. We were both impressed. My wife said she would be disappointed if I didn’t get one.

Unfortunately I have to keep costs down. I costed out all the model options with selected add-ones. I soon realised it was easy to get carried away so as we only do low mileage these days I concentrated on what was the best suit for us rather than all the gadgetry that I probably wouldn’t use. Having said that the base Momentum comes with lots of goodies anyway.
So it had to be Petrol and Automatic and subsequently I went for:

Momentum T3 Auto in Ice White with Charcoal Trim
Winter pack
Front Park Assist
Spare Wheel
Power Driver Seat
Power Passenger Seat
Dark Tinted Windows

Plus managed to get 3 years free Service and a dealer discount.

Would have liked the 360 Camera but that put the cost up too high.

Possible delivery Sept/Oct.

MC21

Post by MC21 »

Completely agree on your point in getting easily carried away by adding all the extras on, but like you say even the entry level spec has a lot more functionality than some other cars. I was weighing up an XC40 or a Tiguin, and the entry spec on the XC40 was miles better in my opinion.

Three years free service is a nice extra. I'm collecting my car next week i need to see if i can get any discount on the services!